GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hal and all,

When someone is completely removing the plastic on their bike for painting or something else, it would be great help to me (and surely to others) if they could take step-by-step photos (in detail) and post them, along with instructions, on the web. Might be a lot of work, but this person would sure become appreciated by many. Having one place to go to get such pics and good instructions/tips!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
Hey Wingnutzz you seemed to have disappeared for a while. I think Fred Harmon might be working on a video you might be interested in. Also heard that Andrew Macdonald from Rider magazine is working on a video for the gl1800. Must be kind of tough to make money on the videos otherwise it seems like they would be more readilly available.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...

...but I am looking for more detail than that which appears in the Honda Service Manual -- I have it and find that some of the tips that you folks provide is better than the manual. For example, on removing the meter panel the fact that the 4-prong connector can be removed be pressing on the clip in the front. I have never removed mine (but will be shortly) and a photo showing the connector and what you are doing would be helpful. Not wanting people to spend a lot of work, but I know some of you do these things and I think it would be helpful for many.

Yep, I've been kinda quiet lately. Several friends arrived last week and we are now on a trip to Zion National Park for 4 nights and Vegas for 3 nights. We are staying at the Lodge in Zion and it is just awesome here right now. Some snow and ice here and there and quite a bit in the higher country, but generally very beautiful and VERY FEW PEOPLE. Today we did several hikes -- I took it easy as I'm still limited from the surgery and still get pains here and there, but it was sure nice to be out on a few of the easier trails. I'd post a pic, but I forgot my cable to download to my computer. Well, after I get back. I'm checking the board quickly, but not too much time to post things for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts