GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there anyone that have a photo of a Black Cherry GL 1800, that they can send me on e-mail.

Thanks

Svein Lerbrekk
Superfly

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are you SURE that's not a magenta, Doug?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Give us two weeks or so and I will post photos of two Candy Black Cherry Goldwings. Our wives told us we needed them. We put-up a good fight and placed the orders.

·
Registered
324 Posts
No ... it is a genuine Candy Black Cherry. In "the flesh" the color is obvious. Parked next to a Candy Red the difference is obvious. Also, it looks different in bright sunlight compared to a cloudy day.

A friend/neighbor has a Candy Black Cherry Rune and swears the color is different. We parked them next to one an other and they are EXACT. Next time I see him, we need to take a picture of the two bikes along side of one and other. Wayne, I think you read this board also. Let's take a picture!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, I'm tempted to say "I rest my case," Ed, but I guess I can see some difference. The thing is, the pic of Doug's seems to have a lot more purple (or magenta) in it than any other photo of CBC I've seen so far. It sure does not look to be the equivalent to either the Candy Maroon of the last few years of the ST1100 or the Wineberry of the mid-80s Wing (and some have said that, sitting side-by-each, the 2004 CBC is exactly identical to the '84 Wing).

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it were it not for the fact that I'm waiting for whatever my dealer gets in first (and it apparently will be the Titanium, by a month or more), but the the CBC is my preferred color choice IF it really does match the color of my former '84 Interstate (or my more recent '01 ST). I've got the two Honda brochures and I've seen how the color is portrayed on the Honda web sites, and I've seen a few digital pics of owners' bikes, but I can't get a satisfyingly real idea of what it looks like in the flesh, or even much consistency from one shot to the next. Doug's is at one extreme end of the continuum and the Honda web site depiction is at the other.

Maybe we're dealing with another illusion color here, just as seems to be the case with the Titanium -- which can range from brown through taupe to charcoal to a dark pearl silver, depending on lighting conditions and surroundings, according to various owners' reports.

·
Registered
324 Posts
"Sunlight" can make a difference in the appearance of the CBC. This picture ( http://www.qsl.net/n3aia ) was taken on a cloudy day with a flash and maybe that distorted the color slightly. In bright Sunlight it looks more red.

It's not an illusion paint, by the way. I have several other pictures of the bike in and out of the Sun but won't bore you with them or clutter up the web site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts