GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have several photos that I have taken with my cell phone, but when I post them, they arrive upside down.
I have tried to crop and rotate and save the photos on my PC, but when I post them, they are also upside down.
HOW DO I GET THEM RIGHT SIDE UP ?

Attachments

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
What I do is move the picture to my desk top and only make one change at a time, then save. Open back up for another change and save again. You might try doing it that way before dragging it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
This has happened to me a few times. My solution was to bring the photos up on your phone, slightly resize them or modify them in some way. Save and repost them.

This has always worked for me. I think this overwrites the photo data including the original orientation data.

I always preview the post before posting and correct them if required before pulling the final trigger.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Are you left-handed by chance?

The shutter button should be on your right when taking a photo using a cell phone camera, as that's the proper up/down orientation for most cameras.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has happened to me a few times. My solution was to bring the photos up on your phone, slightly resize them or modify them in some way. Save and repost them.

This has always worked for me. I think this overwrites the photo data including the original orientation data.

I always preview the post before posting and correct them if required before pulling the final trigger.
I think it has something to do with me saving them to my PC and not posting from my phone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you left-handed by chance?

The shutter button should be on your right when taking a photo using a cell phone camera, as that's the proper up/down orientation for most cameras.
I take the photos then save them to my PC, that is where the issue is.
I would hope this website could help with the issue.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Disagree, it's not the forum. The forum has no way of knowing how you have formatted the image.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I have several photos that I have taken with my cell phone, but when I post them, they arrive upside down.
I have tried to crop and rotate and save the photos on my PC, but when I post them, they are also upside down.
HOW DO I GET THEM RIGHT SIDE UP ?

View attachment 338487
What kind of phone are you using ?

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
I think it has something to do with me saving them to my PC and not posting from my phone.
Probably the best thing you can do is to get a Mac. Nothing beat software designed and engineered to be used with their hardware.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I tried all (I think) of the suggested ways to get photos to orientate correctly. Most often the process was time consuming and frustrating as what may have worked with one photo wouldn't work with the next. I found the only consistent way is to use the Tapatalk app. I'm not a fan of Tapatalk as it uses up battery power if I forget to log out of it and it's a bit of a pain to log back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts