GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you probably saw on the news, many of us in Colorado got hit with a pretty good snowstorm today. I have about two feet on the ground at my place (8600 feet) and some of the drifts around the place and 4-6 feet. It is letting up now and should end soon -- tomorrow should be a beautiful day for digging out and taking some great photos. Remember, this is Thursday and we had beautiful days up until last night -- I rode 230 miles on Tuesday!

Couple of photos of the snow on my deck:

·
Registered
95 Posts
kinda makes me want to wax a set of skis in anticipation of snow-packed winter. i'm sure all the ski resorts are loving this. if we got snow like that around these parts, people would think the world was ending. :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm glad I live in Ohio now. If I woke up to something like that I would be packing to move SOUTH.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
That Crap better be out of there by July Dave, or you will be dealing with my unpleasent side...>LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don Swanburg said:
Just a light dusting to let you know what's coming.

When do you get to riding in the spring, July?
With a little luck I'll be out on the bike again in a few days -- the main roads will be fine by Saturday, but the road down the hill from my house may be a mess for the entire Winter with such a big, early snow.

I should take a photo of my Expedition in the morning. I have a snow plow on it (winch operated) and it just did great as I stayed on top of my driveway and was also able to make a couple of trips up and down another neighbor's driveway. My tires have 30k miles on them, so not the deepest tread in the world, but generally the 17" wheels and 4-wheel drive pulls pretty darn good. I still have a lot of cleanup to do at my place, but tomorrow is supposed to be near 50 and sunny.

So, 2 out of 3 houses was done successfully. The 3rd one, my neighbor that normally plows all of us with his ATV, was pretty buried in, so I went over to plow some at his place. Well, I was pushing some snow off to the side next to where his Jeep Wrangler and GMC Yukon are buried in snow -- now there is a Ford Expedition buried next to them. I did not want to f*rt with it this evening, so we're going to dig them out and clear up the driveways tomorrow when the sun is shining.

Over two feet of snow and drifts 4-6 feet is just a little much. Okay your Florida guys (Jan, Wayne, Roy, Red, Hal, etal), I don't want to hear about the warm sunny weather. A friend from Arizona that used to live here has already called and harassed me today.

G

·
wingnutzz said:
Okay your Florida guys (Jan, Wayne, Roy, Red, Hal, etal), I don't want to hear about the warm sunny weather. A friend from Arizona that used to live here has already called and harassed me today.
Kinda makes you wonder what those southern boys talk about at the DQ, if there's no weather to talk about in the winters.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Neat pictures of the snow on your deck. I love the shapes it ended up making. On the other hand, I am so thankful that I don't have to deal with snow except maybe ever 5-6 years, and then only a couple of inches that is gone on its own in a day or two. Have a great time skiing since your Wing will be snuggled down for a while.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Dave, you don't know how lucky you are to be covered in snow. I had to ride a few hundred miles for lunch today. I'm burnt to a crisp! :oops:

It was a cool 71 when I left this morning and low 80's most of the day. Consider yourself fortunate you didn't have to go through what I did today. :wink:

G

·
Red said:
Consider yourself fortunate you didn't have to go through what I did today. :wink:
I think the boy is talking about what riding is like in the "swamp land" in June July Augest and September

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red said:
Dave, you don't know how lucky you are to be covered in snow. I had to ride a few hundred miles for lunch today. I'm burnt to a crisp! :oops:

It was a cool 71 when I left this morning and low 80's most of the day. Consider yourself fortunate you didn't have to go through what I did today. :wink:
Red, you truly have my sympathy for such a tough day! :wink::wink::wink:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Very COOL indeed. Great pictures.

I'm planning my annual pilgrimage to Steamboat for a week of the good stuff, but only for a week. Then it's back to the fun and sun of good old FLA-USA!

Bartman

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
wingnutzz said:
Red, you truly have my sympathy for such a tough day! :wink::wink::wink:
Some of the pics you have posted over the years of your area are some of the most beautiful I've seen. :) When you post pictures of the white stuff this Florida Boy shakes just looking at it. I don't do anything below 50 degrees real well. LOL...

I'd love to experience your area of the country......... when it's above 70 degrees! :wink:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
wingnutzz said:
As you probably saw on the news, many of us in Colorado got hit with a pretty good snowstorm today. I have about two feet on the ground at my place (8600 feet) and some of the drifts around the place and 4-6 feet. It is letting up now and should end soon -- tomorrow should be a beautiful day for digging out and taking some great photos. Remember, this is Thursday and we had beautiful days up until last night -- I rode 230 miles on Tuesday!

Couple of photos of the snow on my deck:

wahhhaaaaa! I miss that soooo much ... I know this web site is about sotormickle ridin' but i remember those wet October snow storms, wakin up, smelling the coffee, just knowing it had snowed cuz it was sooo quite. Gettin' dressed, puttin on the jacket, gloves and the snow boots, then walking outside, steam rising up off the cup, hearing the crunch of the snow as I walked. Seeing my breath, feeling the cold on my ears and nose.

wahhhaaaa, wahhaaa ... i wanna go home ... sorry. Hey Dave don't do this ANY MORE!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
My son just moved out there west of woodland park. He called me today and sent me some pictures They are having a ball they have never seen a snow like that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Burrrrrrr ! I don't even like the looks of that white junk !......Please make sure thats all gone in July Dave........LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts