1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow, it looks like and FJR.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Very sharp looking bike. Thanks for the pictures Fred.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Fred,

Those are all beautiful bikes but they all have more power and speed than I have talent. :wink: :wink:

Did they by any chance have the MSRP on this?

Ross

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
From talking to the Representative during the show here in Houston, they think it will be from $13,000 to $14,000. The only negative I could find is that at this time they are not planning on having Cruise Control. Probably something that could be retrofitted, but it would be so much easier with cruise built in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's about time. Hopefully this one won't buzzzzzzzz you to death. The first bike I ever owned was a Connie. All sport no touring. Not even close to an ST. Light years behind a Goldwing. The Concours club is a good group with a lousy bike. Hopefully this will be a gift to the faithful Concours guys. Wonder how they will price it. Looks good!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's about time. Hopefully this one won't buzzzzzzzz you to death. The first bike I ever owned was a Connie. All sport no touring. Not even close to an ST. Light years behind a Goldwing. The Concours club is a good group with a lousy bike. Hopefully this will be a gift to the faithful Concours guys. Wonder how they will price it. Looks good!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was disappointed we couldn't get any seat time on the Connie - but as good as Fred's pics are, they still don't to it justice. It's a flat-out gorgeous bike. If I'm BMW (1200GT), Yammy (FJR) or Honda (ST1300), I'm pooping twinkies right about now.

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
nice looking sport tourer

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
5Ross said:
Fred,

Those are all beautiful bikes but they all have more power and speed than I have talent. :wink: :wink:

Did they by any chance have the MSRP on this?

Ross
Same goes for the wing but I ride one anyway. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
jafi_fink said:
From talking to the Representative during the show here in Houston, they think it will be from $13,000 to $14,000. The only negative I could find is that at this time they are not planning on having Cruise Control. Probably something that could be retrofitted, but it would be so much easier with cruise built in.
Joe and I (and two other friends with some interest in it) all were at the show together looking at it. We grilled the two factory reps pretty good. We got two different answers on horsepower, and no other real information.

I gave him a ration over the cruise control issue. I suggested he look at any sport touring forum and he would see that virtually every sport tourer wants cruise control and would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it. He asked what I thought was reasonable. I didn't bite, and he then suggested $1,000. I told him that was out in left field!!! (I should clarify - I'm not saying it will be available for 1,000 - that is what he suggested it could add to the price if they decided to offer it. I think he was just fishing)

Anyway, I'm going to be very interested in it if the first year reviews are positive. Could replace my FJR in a couple of years.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
That is one good looking two wheeled piece of go some :lol: place quickly hardware !!!! 8)

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
i had a new Kawasaki once and had tons of fun with it but it would take a heck of a deal to sell me another

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
what happened to the voyaguer? I know they made them for a while, then stopped, then recently they came back and then they stopped again, but I heard rumors they were rebuilding it from teh ground up and were going to make a new voyaguer?

It was weird, a couple that rode with our GWRRA chapter...they had an older one and then they got a newer one with the same paint style and everything and it took me a while to realize they got a newer one because they looked the same, just the newer one was shinier.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The Voyager is a wanna be.

If I was in the market for a St, Fj, or such that would be one hard decision. I have reading alot of tests about the ST1300, BMW, FJr. I was very suprised to see the FJR come last. They hated that transmission. They say the Honda wins hands down. When you include the cost, fun, ergonomics etc. Very suprised.That FJR is one gorgous bike.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts