GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to add a set of Pia lights. Asking for referrals on particular type (both for better visability to oncoming traffic and for operator of the bike) and also on where to purchase. Checked Hal's, has E.C. and Big Bike, no Pia's. Are the 1100X a good all-purpose light? Are Pia installation directions good for the mechanically helpless?

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
pia lights

Do a search here for "PIAA Lights'
I am sure you will find sufficient information on them.
p.s. spell the name of the product correctly for best search results

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Just read a post the other day on them you should'nt have to look to long.
Hazle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: pia lights

pearlblue1800A said:
Do a search here for "PIAA Lights'
I am sure you will find sufficient information on them.
p.s. spell the name of the product correctly for best search results
Hmmmm . . . I think that old saying "everybody likes a little a**, but nobody likes a smart a**" would apply to this response :no:

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
pia lights

"wing air speed"
Try to deal in the correct facts. In this matter Your opinion is meaningless. For someone wishing to do a proper search correct spelling is essential.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
PhoenixRising01 said:
Wanting to add a set of Pia lights.
Take a minute and consider whether fog or driving lights will suit your needs.

Fogs typically give a much wider pattern where as driving lights are more pen point and are better for longer distances.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Take into consideration there are several things that will affect where the light lands; physical aiming, suspension settings, being 2 up, etc.

The Piaa lights are going to have a narrow, long beam. They will typically reach beyond the low beams.

The Honda/Show Chrome are a fog pattern; short but in all directions from the cowl. Typically good for just in front of the bike.

Our kits have a cut off at the top and bottom of the beam and will reach somewhere between high and low beam.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts