GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted one of the PIAA 1100X lights under the headlight last night and took the bike out into the street to see if there was a worthwhile increase in visibility. Indeed there was a noticeable improvement. I had the light aimed slightly left as I want more visibility on the side of the road. When I went to the front of the bike and looked at the lights the PIAA was extremely bright. I am concerned about the effect to oncoming traffic. I am also going to test with the light mounted low. I know there are people on the list with the PIAA lights mounted under the headlight. Do you have problems with the oncoming traffic flashing their lights? I am only looking for responses from people with PIAA lights.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 1100 pia's mounted below the headlight, I run mine on all the time with my low beams, with no problems. It all depends on how you aim them. The guys I ride with say they're not too bright when I ride behind them.

NAPPY

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had them on my 2001 and found I had to turn 'em toward the ground some to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. I did like them however and they were a big help under really dark or murky conditions. I havent put them on my 2003 yet but they are on the list for due consideration.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As the dirt riders in Baja like to say;
No such thing as too much gas.
No such thing as too much drinking water.
No such thing as too much lights.
Regarding lights it is all in how you use them. I run PIAA910 pencil beams located just under headlights and I must turn them off whenever another set of lights come into view. This is the best set up for running across Nevada at 2AM but no good for I-5 at 10PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts