GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend either of these as replacement bulbs for the Wing? I had regular Silverstar's on my '05 and liked them. Don't know the difference in the Ultra?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The Ultras have less coating on them. Unsure if the gas content is different. Still different yet from the E-dot version we bring in from Europe (and ours are less $).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Get the PIAA's 110 Watt Platinum Super White bulbs and never look back..about 48.00 per pair...I put 4 in up front..hi and low beams...WOW! Put them in all my bikes...cost more..but WOW.......

Visibility for you and the other drivers to see you is paramount..have the modulator on them in the daytime too...some cars just pull off the side and let you by......put PIAA 1100X Driving lights above EC's lower fog lights...and I can see all the way from Daytona Beach to El Paso.....

Makes night driving lots of fun....

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Basspro said:
Get the PIAA's 110 Watt Platinum Super White bulbs and never look back..about 48.00 per pair...I put 4 in up front..hi and low beams...WOW! Put them in all my bikes...cost more..but WOW.......

Visibility for you and the other drivers to see you is paramount..have the modulator on them in the daytime too...some cars just pull off the side and let you by......put PIAA 1100X Driving lights above EC's lower fog lights...and I can see all the way from Daytona Beach to El Paso.....

Makes night driving lots of fun....
Where did you find them at that price??

Bradford

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Honestly I don't think that the PIAAs put out more light than the e-dot European Silverstars...especially dollar for dollar.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
The Ultras have less coating on them. Unsure if the gas content is different. Still different yet from the E-dot version we bring in from Europe (and ours are less $).
I have a Silverstar Ultra in one light and a E-dot from Lewis in the other right now. After 3 years of service one of my original lights burned out and I ordered one replacement from Lewis. Of course the other lamp burned out about 6 weeks later. :( I was leaving on a group ride in 2 days and didn't have time to order another replacement from Lewis.... so that's how I ended up with the Silverstar. The E-dot lamp from Lewis looks a little better but since I'm using the amber covers you can't really tell. Lessons learned? Get a pair when one goes south and order the correct lamps from Lewis. They are cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts