GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it I got an 08 level 2 pearl white. I have never ridden a tour bike so not sure what to expect compared to my 02 VTX 1800C. The deal was just too good to pass up. So I'm a new wing owner with 10 inches of snow on the ground!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Congrats on picking the right color. You are going to be VERY surprised if you're thinking of it as an overweight touring bike. Hope the snow leaves you soon. What part of the state is Smalltown, WV?

·
Registered
177 Posts
:congrats:White is the best color,and 08 you cant go wrong,welcome aboard.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I too went from a VTX 1800C and I find the Wing easier to ride. Sure it's twice the weight on paper, but you won't feel it once your under way. I have no regrets switching rides. You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I did it I got an 08 level 2 pearl white. I have never ridden a tour bike so not sure what to expect compared to my 02 VTX 1800C. The deal was just too good to pass up. So I'm a new wing owner with 10 inches of snow on the ground!
Tell me about the snow. I'm only an hour from you. I'm at Deep Creek Lake, Md.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wish I had someone to go with me i could ride most of the way home but may take my helmet with me and do a little ride before i load it up!!I got it from HDL in BellaireOH.I kept my X until I get some miles on the new toy!!:excited:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations!

:congrats: Thanks for adding another White Wing to beautify America's roads!

I could only come up with a one word expression when I saw Hal's additional discount on 08 Wings - WOW! :thumbup: I'm sure you got a GREAT deal as well as being sure of your future miles of smiles!

Enjoy your new ride and lets hope for some climate change soon!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dam I was Eyeballing that one up. Well you snooze you loose.

I went to buy a VTX and got to test ride it then I got to test ride the wing. Bought the wing. Not even a close comparrsion. Buy the time they got the bike ready to go we were already late for an appointment.They wanted to go over some things and get use to the bike, I cut them off and said I have to go just show me how to use the radio. I left got it up to 82 mph set the cruise and we were off and never looked back.
Find someone to ride you up and ride that bad boy home.

Good Luck

·
Registered
931 Posts
Happy you picked the Wing. You will be surprised how easy it is to handle.:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Wing.... you'll love it !

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Never ridden one before? Wow! You're in for quite the experience. It is VERY different than a cruiser. I love the ride. It just depends on what you're looking for. It's smooth, quiet, and a very refined motorcycle. A very peaceful and zen like ride in my experience when compared to a cruiser. But as with any bike, it's not for everyone.

Let us know what you think when you get a chance to ride it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:congrats:on:congrats:the:congrats:new:congrats:wing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts