GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Scarlett (2015 GL1800 HPNMF), KITT (2021 GL1800D)
152 Posts
I have a black DCT also that I picked up 8/31. The seat drawback to me is that it is HOT!! So far comfort is not bad. As soon as my sheepskin get's in it will be alot better. This seat is a firmer seat than previous generations. I will have to see how it performs over time. The sheepskin helped out on my 2015 a good bit.

Highway pegs also helps. I put the Goldstrike boards on her. I did a demo ride on a Red/Black one for a couple of hours before buying the black one. As soon as I got back I told the salesman "you need 4 things...sheepskin for the seat, a cup holder, backrest and highway pegs". Highway pegs are done, sheepskin on order, cup holder should be in today and the backrest is on backorder but should be available the end of the month. Wife's first ride is tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa i can remember my first G/W a brand new with zero miles 2002, I loved the feeling so much that in 2010 I purchased another G/W 2010 with zero miles (this bike now has over 65,000 (s)miles on her now, all without a whimper.... It seems almost impossible, that I have traveled so far, and seen more interesting stuff, and explored so many new roads, meet so many new friends, and I can still feel that "new bike" feeling............... (y)

Ronnie

·
Premium Member
Honda Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
652 Posts
Welcome, nice looking bike! Looks a lot like mine cept the trunk and my red accent. Keep them fingers away from the dash, it scratches easy! Seat comfort is another great debate on this forum. To each their own, I say.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Premium Member
19,727 Posts
Love the black on black

Reactions: ElegantCoder

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
A beauty !!! I love the black pipes. You should be able to choose Chrome or black to any color they have. And, not to change the topic. Why it is so hard for bike companies to make the da..mn seat comfortable ??? How hard is it to do?? I don't get them. How about air bag seat? Pump it once to your liking and you are done !!!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
A beauty !!! I love the black pipes. You should be able to choose Chrome or black to any color they have. And, not to change the topic. Why it is so hard for bike companies to make the da..mn seat comfortable ??? How hard is it to do?? I don't get them. How about air bag seat? Pump it once to your liking and you are done !!!!
just think about it. you have to make a seat that pleases millions of a$$e$. impossible

·
Registered
656 Posts
Why did God not make every bodies butt the same I have no problems with the seat.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I noticed in your pix that you have the parking brake on ! it also appears to be on flat surface. I have found out the hard way unless it is needed not to use it. Terrible design IMHO and just as the kickstand has an interlock it is needed here also.

As for the seat I have no problem but I have found the pants and underpants you are wearing are my cause for PIA.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
Why did God not make every bodies butt the same I have no problems with the seat.
Cause God wants us to open a discussion on this :ROFLMAO:. The seat is fine, as long as you don't camp on it for many hours. Then, it becomes a plywood. But, wait a min, I thought this bike is the Cadillac of touring??? My Grand America had the same issue. How many of us run to modify the seat after a year or so? I think many. Granted, you can not make a seat for every A&&., however, all those engineers can come up with something by now to make it more or less adjustable to some degree. I will pay extra for that option.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a black DCT also that I picked up 8/31. The seat drawback to me is that it is HOT!! So far comfort is not bad. As soon as my sheepskin get's in it will be alot better. This seat is a firmer seat than previous generations. I will have to see how it performs over time. The sheepskin helped out on my 2015 a good bit.

Highway pegs also helps. I put the Goldstrike boards on her. I did a demo ride on a Red/Black one for a couple of hours before buying the black one. As soon as I got back I told the salesman "you need 4 things...sheepskin for the seat, a cup holder, backrest and highway pegs". Highway pegs are done, sheepskin on order, cup holder should be in today and the backrest is on backorder but should be available the end of the month. Wife's first ride is tomorrow.
Larger grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got 600 miles on mine so far and I'm happy and, given all the negative comments, surprised to find that I'm getting along ok with the seat. I was expecting to have to replace it but so far no major issues. It looks like I'll need a backrest.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
I've got 600 miles on mine so far and I'm happy and, given all the negative comments, surprised to find that I'm getting along ok with the seat. I was expecting to have to replace it but so far no major issues. It looks like I'll need a backrest.
Maybe because I have low back issues, it is not that great, it's ok for now. I will re do it soon enough. In regards to a backrest, I went no wrong with Utopia. So far, excellent. Happy and comfortable riding.....!!!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cause God wants us to open a discussion on this :ROFLMAO:. The seat is fine, as long as you don't camp on it for many hours. Then, it becomes a plywood. But, wait a min, I thought this bike is the Cadillac of touring??? My Grand America had the same issue. How many of us run to modify the seat after a year or so? I think many. Granted, you can not make a seat for every A&&., however, all those engineers can come up with something by now to make it more or less adjustable to some degree. I will pay extra for that option.
If 1300 miles is not camping on it I guess I leave in the morning and try to do better in 20 hours.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
If 1300 miles is not camping on it I guess I leave in the morning and try to do better in 20 hours.
I guess, you have a good a&& and I am/have a bad a&&......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Happy soft and safe riding........!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts