GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after dealing with 2 other incompetent dealers, I found a 2018 Silver Non-tour DCT in Union City, TN. The wife and flew down to Memphis, rented a car and picker her up! Road to Nashville (our favorite city) spent the night, then rode to Blacksburg, VA and spent Saturday night there. Sunday rode the rest of the way home to Norther, VA. In total we put about 860 miles on her in everything from beautiful sunny days, to roasting 94 degree heat in stop and go traffic, to monsoon rain storms! Fun trip though.

Really like the low center of gravity. It makes the bike very easy to handle and feel lighter then it is. The engine is incredibly smooth and the DCT was like butter. The adjustable windshield is awesome, but I do need a taller one especially with the wife on the back. Love the cruise control! Made the ride very enjoyable. Even love the self-cancelling blinkers. The dealer who I purchased it from had no clue on the electronics so I ended up using the Honda nav and my phone. The Honda nav is fine for around town POIs but besides that.....they have along way to go! Now that I have had time to learn it, love the Apple Carplay! I commute daily so I find it very useful. I was needlessly worried about commuting on such a large bike here in D.C. It handles great in traffic and on the highway. I have not had a chance to try aggressive riding on the twisties but that should be real soon.

I have had many bikes and this is by far the most comfortable, advanced, and all around enjoyable bike I have owned! DCT is the best. I have no idea why Honda put the horn button where they did and I have blinked the **** out of a couple of cars around here! My biggest complaint....When I pay this much money for a bike it should at least have A/C??? Sorry, but does this make me a real Goldwing owner now??? LOL just been reading all your posts before I bought mine!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
So after dealing with 2 other incompetent dealers, I found a 2018 Silver Non-tour DCT in Union City, TN. The wife and flew down to Memphis, rented a car and picker her up! Road to Nashville (our favorite city) spent the night, then rode to Blacksburg, VA and spent Saturday night there. Sunday rode the rest of the way home to Norther, VA. In total we put about 860 miles on her in everything from beautiful sunny days, to roasting 94 degree heat in stop and go traffic, to monsoon rain storms! Fun trip though.

Really like the low center of gravity. It makes the bike very easy to handle and feel lighter then it is. The engine is incredibly smooth and the DCT was like butter. The adjustable windshield is awesome, but I do need a taller one especially with the wife on the back. Love the cruise control! Made the ride very enjoyable. Even love the self-cancelling blinkers. The dealer who I purchased it from had no clue on the electronics so I ended up using the Honda nav and my phone. The Honda nav is fine for around town POIs but besides that.....they have along way to go! Now that I have had time to learn it, love the Apple Carplay! I commute daily so I find it very useful. I was needlessly worried about commuting on such a large bike here in D.C. It handles great in traffic and on the highway. I have not had a chance to try aggressive riding on the twisties but that should be real soon.

I have had many bikes and this is by far the most comfortable, advanced, and all around enjoyable bike I have owned! DCT is the best. I have no idea why Honda put the horn button where they did and I have blinked the **** out of a couple of cars around here! My biggest complaint....When I pay this much money for a bike it should at least have A/C??? Sorry, but does this make me a real Goldwing owner now??? LOL just been reading all your posts before I bought mine!
Congrats, but without pictures, it didn’t happen! We need pics! :grin2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, sorry admin guy, I did not know H-E double hockey sticks was a cuss word! Please don’t edit my Bible LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
:thumbup:

Congrats on the new ride. The matte silver is my second favorite color for the non tour wings.

:doorag:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pretty bike!!! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Sgtt45
1 - 11 of 11 Posts