GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my '08 Pearl White this evening. Only got to put about 60 miles on it this evening. I rode it Home from the Dealership. My 8 yr old rode home with me and didn't want to get off of it. He absolutely loves it. Momma had to wait 'till he was finished riding to get her turn.
It seems like a really great bike. It handles more like a sport bike than I had ever imagined. I've had a Nighthawk, Magna, and CBR. This bike handles more like the CBR than any of the others. I can't wait to get a chance to put some miles on it. My son has a couple of motocross races this weekend, so this weekend is out. I may get a chance to get a few miles in Wednesday and/or Thursday. I'll be lurking around here trying to learn the in's and out's of the Honda Goldwing!

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Welcome to the party! Great color choice. Pay attention to the cagers that move out of your way because they think you're a LEO! It's amazing!

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Congratulations!!! You will enjoy this marvelous machine. I recently traded my silver '02 in on an '08 pearl white abs and there is no comparison. Not only is the performance fantastic, but having the best color is the frosting on the cake. Be careful because the farkles are most tempting. Direct Line, Shinhopples, wing stuff..........TEMPTING!!

Best of luck! :congrats:

·
Registered
858 Posts
:congrats: Howdy neighbor! I know you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey rcd771
Congratulations. The more you ride it, the better you’ll like it. Guaranteed!:cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have fun breaking it in! Just don't tear it down for mods until you have at least 1000 miles on it!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got an 08 pearl white also (navi model) and WE JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:congrats::agree::excited:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
:congrats:

welcome to the board, enjoy the ride..

Be safe...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
:congrats::congrats: and nice choice ! I pick up an 04 white a few weeks ago, most fun you can have with your cloths still on, I think the Bartman may have something, I seem to notice a lot of cagers pulling over when I come up from behind, oh well enjoy :doorag::cool:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
If you really want to start seeing them pull over... wear a Hi Viz jacket. Oh ya! ;)

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Congrats! Also, if you're new to riding a Wing, keep and eye on the wife and that youngster; they'll tend to fall asleep easily on most any ride over 20 miles or so.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts