GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 weeks I finally got my bike back from the dealer today. After a snow storm here yesterday and today was 34' when I rode it back home. Snow was on the secondary roads so I took the interstate roads and all was fine. Just raised the windshield up, had my layered clothes on, chaps, and my full face helmet; I was a happy rider! Bike seems fine and did seem to shift a little better also like stated on this board.
The long wait for the bike was due to the new Honda dealer not having the tools to check out the O2 sensors. But they did finally get it checked out correctly and installed a new O2 sensor. So if the weather breaks or in the spring I'll check mileage.
But it is home now and just waiting until Tuesday for my CB and Progressive springs from Hal.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cleveland

Bill
I live in Cleveland as well, what Honda dealer have you had the best luck with here?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I love riding when I'm the only bike on the road like that. There's something particularly liberating about about it to me.

I'm happy to hear you have a new dealer in your area. I hope they'll be a good one for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bike back.....

FOUR weeks?!? Dang - ah think ah'd have gone nuts waitin' that long! Took my dealer a week to do the reweld, and they were good about keepin' me posted on the progress, so I have no complaints on that. A GOOD dealer makes all the difference!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleveland Dealers

Owensjo, Glad to hear that you are so close. I have been to several dealers in the area and have found that only one that I am happy with.
I have checked out Sill's Honda on Brookpark Rd and they are totally unhelpful in service, parts, and when I was buying the Honda 1100 Sabre and the Goldwing. But there is a cat there that was the ONLY friendly one!
I purchased my Goldwing from Norris Motorsports in Medina but I don't care for there service dept nor the attitude of this dealership. I have been to the Honda dealership on or by Forbes Rd in Bedford area and they can never beat anyone's price. So I work for the Natl Park Service at Boston Heights and Peninsula area and went to the State 8 Motorcycles on State Rd (old Rt 8) in Cuyahoga Falls. Excellent people to work with, pleasant feeling with them, they do good work, plenty of new and used bikes there, and they have recently picked up the Honda dealership along with there other brands. I highly recommend them as to the others in the area. Ask for Aaron in service.

Hope to meet or see you around this summer. Are you with any Goldwing club in the area? I do belong to the GWRRA but I have not joined a local chapter yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts