GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Schroader's Honda with my new 2012 level one white wing, nice 785 mile ride. Bike ran fawless, averaged over 4o mpg, of course I took it easy for the first 500 miles. Anyone with a new wing tried using a 16g memory stick in the usb port. I brought one with me full of music, it plays the songs but stops several times for a few seconds during each song. I thought maybe 16 g is too big, if not, maybe i got a bad radio.

·
IronMan
17,844 Posts
Congrats n enjoy keep us posted on your thoughts on it over time

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cingrats, happy owner of an Ultra Blue Level 2 here. Only used my IPhone/Ipod so far, plays great. I've bought a docking cable just for the bike and leave it connected, don't want the factory plug getting a lot of wear and tear.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
:congrats: What about the pics! :p

·
Registered
513 Posts
fla-orange,

congrats on the new ride!
in regards to your songs 'buffering', in your radio,go to wally world and buy a different memory stick. make SURE you look at the specs! there are several different 'throughput' possibilities in regards to read times on memory cards/sticks of any specification FYI. higher number is BETTER when looking at MHZ speeds.
I bet with another memory card and popping your songs onto it,you will be fine.

take care,
bc

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
:congrats:nothing like a new wing

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have 3 memory sticks and an IPod that work fine.

Presently using the cheap sticks with just the music I like for the bike.

Don't need to carry my full collection as I tend to repeat my favorites.

A lot of good music is just not good on the bike due to background noise.

Just copy your fovorites to a 4 gig ($7) stick. It'll hold more than you'll need.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2012 navi/abs candy red...........love it!!!!!! I purchased a Lexar Firefly USB 8gb..works flawless,you can get it cheap at walmart online.Never needs charging,and the cool thing on a 12 you can see the tittles,artist,and albums.....

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Just got back from Schroader's Honda with my new 2012 level one white wing, nice 785 mile ride. Bike ran fawless, averaged over 4o mpg, of course I took it easy for the first 500 miles. Anyone with a new wing tried using a 16g memory stick in the usb port. I brought one with me full of music, it plays the songs but stops several times for a few seconds during each song. I thought maybe 16 g is too big, if not, maybe i got a bad radio.
With the title,

I thought you had dropped it.

:congrats:

later..Randy

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keeping (Fla-Orange) I will be using orange in the graphics on the bike. Pictures shortly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts