GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner S today. What a fun bike this is!
1900cc, a ton of torque, 50-80 in a heartbeat, aluminum sport bike type frame, low center of gravity, this bike handles like a sport bike, with chromed front forks, polished mag wheels, windshield and bags. Put on 100 miles today. A very enjoyable machine. :)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I picked up my 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner S today. What a fun bike this is!
1900cc, a ton of torque, 50-80 in a heartbeat, aluminum sport bike type frame, low center of gravity, this bike handles like a sport bike, with chromed front forks, polished mag wheels, windshield and bags. Put on 100 miles today. A very enjoyable machine. :)
What a sweet bike! Please post some pictures of your new ride!

:thumbup::excited:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats! on the "Man Bike"

JD:

Congratulations on the acquisition of a "Man Bike," as my wife calls mine. I have a Yamaha RoadStar Silverado 1700cc bike I ride when I want the rumble and vibration of a classic bike.

A lot of my HD buddies give me a hard time when I ride my Wing, but when I do, there is no doubt who is more comfortable.

When I want the "bugs in the teeth," "seat of the pants," "classic motor" ride, I jump on the Yamaha.

May you have many pleasurable miles on your “Man Bike.” ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes I love the Yamaha, I had a Yamaha Roadstar 1700, I put over 32,000 miles on that bike. The only reason I got the Goldwing was I ready differn't.
Jordan

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Congrats , Yamaha makes great stuff :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stratoliner S

:congrats::agree:Great bike, fun to ride. Bought a new "2007" last Aug for my wife. Traded in her 2004 VTX 1800N. She really likes how this bike handles. So much better than the VTX. :thumbup: I even swap my Wing with her once in a while so I get to enjoy a cruiser.:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a great bike, I have a place near Scottsburg I dont think that is far from you, we may have to take a ride this summer

:thumbup:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
sa-weet

did ya trade in the fatboy?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Congrats... great bike!
I bought my Roadliner S in 2006 and I've got 23K on it.
It's a blast to ride, isn't it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I got a DVD from Yammy...2 years ago , it was a full production on thier
processes on how they build...what goes into every important part on a
bike...was very impressive .

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Congratulations.
I was fortunate enough to get to demo one of those last year. I've gotten to ride almost all of the Japanese cruisers and the Stratoliner is the one I would want. In fact every metric cruiser I've ridden I was always happy to get back on my Dyna, the Yamaha is the only one that might make me rethink that.
Sure wish they'd build a true touring version of it with full luggage and a real fairing. It would almost for sure be adios Goldwing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Took a demo on one at Americade last year.. That is a sweet cruiser...almost a cruiser version of a Wing.
Tons of power in any gear, well balanced, comfortable.
If I were getting a cruiser that would be the one.
Love the styling.
For me, I would not even change the exhaust.
They use valves in the exhaust, that cruising it is nice and mellow, but when you get on it...:22yikes:, and you better be hangin on too...
Please post some pics..
Congrtats.
Art

·
Registered
460 Posts
See if you can find a Triumph Rocket to take on. I would like to hear the results.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Love the new Stratoliners. Yamaha has got the cruiser image and performance done right IMHO. I've got a '02 Warrior that doesn't get ridden much because the 'Wing is such a great bike but I still enjoy cruisin down Pacific Coast Hwy on it in the summer time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
:thumbup: You got a great bike :thumbup: Pics please! Best big cruiser made right now.

I had to get rid of my two bikes because of the economy, but I will get another Strat when I can!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sweet ride Congrats. Hey did they get the tire issue fixed. It is a size that only came in a soft, and I mean soft compound and they were eating off tires about every 5K. If they did I don't think there is a much better V-Twin around. If they didn't I still don't think there is a much better V-Twin around. I'm soooooooo jelous.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pictures

Alpha dog, it is a twin to the picture you posted, it is brandywine & grey
tutone paint.
175 miles already. :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts