GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for about 6 weeks my new 07 Orange ABS arrived at my dealer. Man what a machine. My how the technology has changed from my 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII. Unbelievable smooth power delivery, reverse, and GPS.
Usually it takes me a while to warm up to a new bike because it usually replaces an old reliable friend and the new one has to prove itself. Well 2 days, 250 miles and I'm in love. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Orange Rules!

Welcome to the Orange Team!!! :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

I only have a shade over 600 miles on mine so far, but what a ride. The only real problem with owning a wing is the incredible number of mods and accessories that are available! :shock: I had to add a new category to my budget for this! :roll: But, personalizing your wing with the help of the great folks on this board is really a piece of cake.

Enjoy the miles and ride safe! :biker:

Cheers,
Chris and Helen

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Bulldog said:
Welcome aboard. I really like that Orange color. Saw one up close and personal last week.

Bulldog
Congrats on the new wing!! And you REALLY need to see those colors in person, they are VERY nice photos and interned does not do them justice at all... the orange is Absolutely beautiful!!

Ride safe, Be aware!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :flg: :biker:

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing and welcome to the board.

Lots of great people and info here....

With all the great new and old colors, if we lined them all up, we would look like a bag of Skittles......ain't it great!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I too had tha Kaw Voyager, thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then I went to a GL1500 and felt better. When I went to the GL1800 it was like a sport bike compared to the others. You will be amazed at how well it handles on the Interstate and twisting roads. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The more you ride it, the more you'll love it.

Lots of folks here on the boards to gather info from. And if ya need to buy some goodies for the new ride, Direct Line is the place to get them.

Welcome,
Dep

·
Registered
129 Posts
Novellred

Enjoy the new ride. You have lots of smiles headed your way. I droped my first oil in less than a week. Even had it over a snow covered pass in the same week. The wing is a great ride. Hook up and Ipod for a little more fun.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
NovellRed said:
After waiting for about 6 weeks my new 07 Orange ABS arrived at my dealer. Man what a machine. My how the technology has changed from my 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII. Unbelievable smooth power delivery, reverse, and GPS.
Usually it takes me a while to warm up to a new bike because it usually replaces an old reliable friend and the new one has to prove itself. Well 2 days, 250 miles and I'm in love. :D
Hey Red, We da Men! I picked up my 07 Orange ABS on Friday. Didn't make it home till Sunday night so couldn't brag about it till now. :lol:
I came from an 02 1800 so the change wasn't quite the shock you had.
My custom painter calls it "Burnt Orange". My friend (who never owns anything but red wings) says..."Hmmm....pumpkin with sparkles". :)
DC

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congratulation! I'm looking forward to the 60 degree weather tomorrow so I can put a few miles on mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.