GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on removing my front forks tomorrow, before I would put my jack under the motor with the bike on the center stand and all I had to do was lift the pressure enough to get the wheel off the ground but this will be my first time with the trike. I am going to use my jack and a board under the motor and will lift the front end enough to get the wheel off the ground, is this the best/Only way to do this. I am going to rebuild my front forks, another of my winter projects.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Make sure to put the board and jack behind the oil filter and you're good to go.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
With two rear wheels you also have the option of running the front wheel up a ramp and then placing boards, or jacks under the motor or frame rather than jacking directly on them. Then remove the front ramp. You have a lot more options than a two wheeler.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Perfect!!

Exactly how I did when I switched over to Traxxion front end. A 2X2 inch piece of 1BY on top of a bottle/scissor jack and it is a piece of cake. I positioned my trike so I can use rachet straps to pull parts out of the way.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I had planned to roll my jack under it and put a 2X4 under the motor and pick it up, I may have to run the front wheel up on something to give me enough room to get it under there.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Bike is pretty good about not rolling when in gear, still a good idea to use some kind of wheel chock/brace to keep from moving and having bike move enough to slip off the jack or have the jack move on ya if ya get to tugging on anything.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picking up the Trike went well, I did have to use a ramp to roll the front wheel up on to let me get the jack and a piece of wood under there, I left the bike in gear and used wheel chocks also. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts