GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
"Purty durn sharp if'n ah does say so mahseff."

Ok, since there seems to be a potential controversy over
patent rights, (or at least braggin' rights)
I considered it necessary to do a seriously critical
review of your install.

Do I detect that one of the two sockets on the fairing
is slightly higher than the other. :oops:
Just joking.... looks great!!!!
DC

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Alabama IronButt said:
This is the install that Wingit (Jim) stole from me :) -- The fact that he installed his months before I did has no bearing on the fact :) :)

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/ ... 825283.pbw
That is sweet. Where can I find out more about it so I can invent it also (LOL)? Like to find those connectors on the panel. Any problem with the cords reaching?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great White Wrote:
Any problem with the cords reaching?
It's necessary to purchase 2 - 3ft. extentions. These can be obtained from Gerbing. The Panel mount connectors are from Radio Shack.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Alabama IronButt said:
Great White Wrote:
Any problem with the cords reaching?
It's necessary to purchase 2 - 3ft. extentions. These can be obtained from Gerbing. The Panel mount connectors are from Radio Shack.

Thanks,
What are those 2 panel mounts ? Are they grounded ? I thought you would need 2 wires ( hot and ground ).....how many times have you hit your horn button when you went to adjust your temperature?...looks like a nice install too!!!!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
It looks good, but I much prefer to have my plug-in adaptors on the left side of the bike and not the right. It is much easier to have them on the side of the bike that you get on and get off IMO.

Just a thought and recommendation.

DaleC

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
DaleC said:
It looks good, but I much prefer to have my plug-in adaptors on the left side of the bike and not the right. It is much easier to have them on the side of the bike that you get on and get off IMO.

Just a thought and recommendation.

DaleC
Dale, have any pics on the left?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Goldwinghen3 wrote:
What are those 2 panel mounts ? Are they grounded ? I thought you would need 2 wires ( hot and ground ).....how many times have you hit your horn button when you went to adjust your temperature?...looks like a nice install too!!!!
The dual controller has 3 sets of wires. One is for power and runs direct to your source. In my case to the EC fuse panel I installed. The other 2 sets runs to the panel mount connector. They are soldered into the connectors and provide the heat from the contoller to the heated liner(s).

I haven't actually use this setup yet, so I can't speak to hitting the horn. Hopefully I won't hit it too many times.

DaleC wrote:

Just a thought and recommendation
I chose to put the connectors on the right side since I have my EC Fog Light switch on the left and wanted to balance things out. Plus, I disconnect my intercom ( and heat cables when I get a chance to use them) before dismounting. It's really a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thats how I did mine and I've never hit the horn button. I use the Gerbing coiled cords to go from plug to jacket, and yes you can get off on the left side of the bike with this setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts