GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I hope you have many happy miles with your trailer. It does make traveling alot more enjoyable.

·
Registered
628 Posts
We're thinking about upgrading to either an Escapade or a Bushtec. How much do the Escapades run now? By the way, that's the right color for us if you're tired of it.....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks, I'll check it out. Just can't decide if I really wanna' spend that much money on a trailer.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's one beautiful rig you've got there! Where do you park the new trailer in case I need to 'borrow' it? :lol:

PS - How'd your wiring work out?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We did not spend the night in Arrington... rain delayed us somewhat..

funny story -- on our way back we stopped in Johnson City, tn.. at Wal Mart.. wife wanted to buy some shoes.. said her riding boots were not comfy since we planned to stay in Gatlinburg and sight see.... I parked my bike - OUT OF THE WAY - where there was no cars at all... we got back to the bike & trailer.. put our helmets & riding gear on... started the bike and all of a sudden the bike kinda lunged forward... upon looking in my rear view mirror some absent minded woman backed up in to my trailer.. I was completely within my parking space.. but she was not paying attention... I screamed HEY... you backed up into my trailer...
she started to pull away.. and I ran over to her van .. opened her door and put her vehicle into park .. pulled the keys out..and said YOU are not going anywhere.... I was really upset... i took a wet micro cloth (i keep one in a plastic bag for cleaning windsheild) wiped down the entire trailer checking for any damage.. it seems her bumper was the rubber kind and it just nudged my trailer.. but i a was concerned there would be some gel coat cracks on the side toward the rear ... I must have checked for at least 20 minutes on my hands & knees... but every thing was ok..
I then read the riot act to that woman.... by the time I finised she was crying... I told her -- this trailer is less than 24 hours old... I don't think you would like someone backing into you van when it was new... she just nodded her head in agreement... I gave her keys back and she asked
"may I go shopping now Please" ?

can you believe ?

cosmic

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
That was definitely a funny story, now. I could just imagine how upset you must've felt when that clear head bumped your trailer. :evil: I hope that she didn't ruin the rest of your trip.

Did you have any issues at the factory? :roll: And if so, were they taken care of? You do have a nice rig there. I like it. :lol: Of course, I have the same color and brand trailer as yours. :lol:

Happy trailering.

Mike

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike.. I did not let it ruin the rest of the trip... after I checked for any damage... and did not find any... we had a nice time...
No issues at the factory what so ever... Patrick Sanders took care of everything... I did not order a license plate holder for the back of my trailer... it was in a package and I thought it was a tad on the expensive side.... but when I looked at my trailer I realized there was nothing to put a license plate which is required in Louisiana... I asked if they could put one on... they had to drill and on the inside they had to epoxy the nuts in place... they did it pronto... and did not even charge me for it.. I was very
pleased with their service..
I would highly recommend Escapade trailers... on the way home I was
somewhat cautious for the first couple of hundred miles... after that I drove like it was not there ... and really could not feel it at highway speed
only time I knew it was there is under acceleration and stopping .. but its only a little.. and of coarse turning..

take care.. ride fast.. but SAFE

cosmic

·
Registered
260 Posts
The one thing that I have learned about being out with a trailer that looks as good as the Escapade, people want to come around and look it over. The rig draws a crowd sometimes. That is unnerving for a country-boy. Too much attention for my liking. But...
I sure do like the extra room and the easy handling.

Enjoy your trailer Cosmic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very nice rig at that. The first thing I noticed was that the cars give you a little extra room when towing, probably think the trailer will fly off and hit them. FYI, I added one of these into the trailer wing wiring. It makes it more noticable when stopping. You can also put them into the wing on the bike if you have one. Took 10 min. to wire in for the trailer. www.signalz4u.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts