GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the state. Sometimes we locals tend to take it for granted. I guess that when you ride a motorcycle, the grass always tends to be greener elsewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that... Anyway, y'all come back...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I was trying to enjoy your photos, but I am amazed at the amount of crap that photobucket tried to put on one's computer -- lots of unrelated cookies (I monitor all cookies that are being put on my computer). I finally gave up.

That is great country for riding -- some of my favorite. Glad you enjoyed also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beautiful photos and riding Allan. You know those would make a great photo story set to music! I've been across many of those roads but in an RV not on the Wing. We're looking forward to getting back there one day soon.
Claudia
www.itchyhitch.com

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Utah

I see youve been to some of the same place I went. What georgeous country,
allan

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Nice pictures,

I just love Utah highway 12, from Torrey to Utah 89.

The last time I rode it in Sept. I turned right around and did it again. :D

So many places to ride..So little time. 8) 8)

later..Randy

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great Pictures. I am still trying to find the best way to go west for an adventure. It is not easy when you work and have limited time. I am considering a fly and ride as one possible answer. Anyone from the east coast done that?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
varider said:
Great Pictures. I am still trying to find the best way to go west for an adventure. It is not easy when you work and have limited time. I am considering a fly and ride as one possible answer. Anyone from the east coast done that?
Hello VARider. There is a group of VTX riders planning to do a cross country ride next summer. I beleive most are working people (as opposed to retired). Some of them ride bikes other than X's if I am not mistaken. Also, some are having their bikes shipped to CA and riding back. Others may be riding both directions but I am not sure.

If interested, visit the following url:

http://www.virginiaxriders.com/phpbb2/v ... 97d1843865

Wydeload's name is Brad (sorry I am not sure of his last name).

I hope you can work out a way to join the group. In Jul-Aug 06 I did a 7K mile four week cross country trip on my VTX 1300 by myself. It would have been much more fun if I had someone with whom to share the trip. However, it was a grand experience for a 67 yr old retiree that has only been riding a motorcycle since late Jul 05.

When I returned home in late Aug, I sold my X and bought an 05 Wing. Am hoping to make a few more trips while I am still able to ride. Hopefully I will find someone with whom to ride in the future. Best wishes and ride safely. :)

Todd

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
wingnutzz said:
I was trying to enjoy your photos, but I am amazed at the amount of crap that photobucket tried to put on one's computer -- lots of unrelated cookies (I monitor all cookies that are being put on my computer). I finally gave up.

That is great country for riding -- some of my favorite. Glad you enjoyed also.
Yo Wingnuttz.....don't you have a spyware program or an adaware program ???? If you don't, you should get one...like lavasoft......then you could enjoy all of the pictures that get posted......they are awesome and worth looking at !!!......Just trying to be helpful.....Henry

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
paupton...those look great...I want to go there!!!!!!!!!!!...where was that trip..can you pm me a map or details of your trip....thanx......Henry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts