GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1966 Honda CB 450 , aka, The Black Bomber.
This bike is 99% original. The changes are the mufflers, the handle bars, a windshield was added and the front fender was bobbed.
I have found OEM parts on Ebay (Muffler, fender, and handlebars).
As you can see it does not have many miles on it. There is a dent in the right side of the tank, but I hear it is fixable. This bike has been stored, covered in a garage and not ridden for 38 years. The bike rolls smoothly, the engine turns over nicely and has good compressions, the brakes work great. We took the battery when we stored the bike so there is no corrosion in the battery box.
I have a few thoughts bout this bike: I may sell it as is, I may change the non OEM parts back to OEM and sell it. I was told that the rust in the gas tank can be taken care of, but if I sell the bike, I will sell it without messing with the tank.
I just thought it would be cool to share these few pictures with you all as this is not a common bike to find.
20190517_045932.jpg

20190517_050015.jpg

20190517_045958.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oooops, how to I turn the pictures over?
I heard this happens when you take pics with a cellphone.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I had the CL 450cc scrambler with the up pipes............

That had to be the best ever bike........ When the 305's and then 350CC were kings , I rode in on a 450CC... I was "bad azz" I tell you!

OMG! Thanks for sharing these pic's, you just brought back some very fond memories for me!
I'm honestly sitting here with a smile on my face, thinking back, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa the good ole days! 0:)0:)

Ronnie

Reactions: Doug Vann

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I had the same bike, was a screamer. It turned low 11's in the quarter mile at the time track. Had that speedometer pegged several times.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was a frequent passenger behind my great uncle Pete on his 305 Dream then this bike. I have to give him credit for my passion to ride .
A wonderful machine in the day . This one is a great time capsule . It will make someone very happy to give it some love and enjoy its performance. IIRC this is a 4 speed? Trying to remember when the 5 speed came out , perhaps 68?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nice black bomber.

Did those have the torsion spring valve springs? I had a early 70's 450 for a very short time. Very different valve springs then most any other Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My father had one so many years ago, I was running outside as I hear the motor sound.. Very high quality bike, I remember my father was teaching me how to ride on it. He sold all of his bikes including this one 5 years ago in order to buy an apartment in Budva. "A good investment," he says.. But at least he could keep the CB450, it was my favourite!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts