GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if we realize often enough about the marvelous opportunity this board gives us to broaden our circle of friends. The dinner meeting at the XXX Root Beer Drive Inn Thursday in Issaquah, Washington was lots of fun. Three of the five guys had never met before, but there was no lack of things to talk about. Our common interest in Goldwings, was, of course, the thread that held the conversation together. It could not have been better, and I look forward to seeing and visiting with each of them again soon.

They are (left of right) TK Bowman (Tim), Jon (Jon) SDLyon5 (Scott) Mike in WA (Mike) and Jan Kokochak (Jan)

The restaurant itself was out of this world. Almost impossible to take photos of. It was a museum of 1950s and 1060s memorabilia. I arrived about an hour early and spent the entire time looking at stuff and drinking root beer. What a great evening. :D :D :clap2: :beer3:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Jan, Mike, Tim, Jon,
It was great meeting all of you. I had a good time and enjoyed the fellowship. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, ie: meeting with a group of fellow riders. I'm very glad I went and would like to send a big thanks to Jan for reaching out to us and sponsoring the get together. I really hope to meet all the others that Jan spoke so highly of. I know from reading this board there are some wonderful people out there and I sure would enjoy riding with them. Thanks again Jan!!!! :D :D

Scott

PS: sdlyon5 not very creative but stands for Scott, Dawn Lyon and 3 kids.
I guess since the kids are grown I could change the ID. :? [/url]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Jan,

I want to see a couple of photos of the "Pro" that several of us pitched in to send to the dinner :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You mean this one...?

Imagine what we could have gotten for TWO dollars! :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Pretty danged fancy place....What no table cloths? That would never fly in any restaurant in Woodbourne...LOL

Always great to see some of my old friends and some faces of new friends. You guys done good!

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I pray there's not a video of that thing in the dress singing On the Good Ship Lollipop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Greetings Gents, from a displaced Sammamish-en? ite? er? Regardless, from watching the news and speaking to friends I understand it's been raining again... and again. Stay safe and enjoy the rootbeers at XXX. There aren't many places like left, even in rural America. :wink: PS: the women are looking a little rougher than I recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts