GL1800Riders Forums banner

Pictures Pages Not as Labelled

757 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RoadSurfer 
#1 ·
This is just a humble suggestion, Hal, seeing as it's your web site and all and I'm grateful for it in whatever form it takes, but I really would like to find GL1800 pics when I click on the link that says it'll take me to such. I know they are two cute little guys and all, but the pics I get today -- as allegedly new additions to the "GL1800 pics pages" -- are not of bikes at all, let alone 1800 Gold Wings. None of 'em are, in fact -- pics of GL1800s, that is. At least none of them that I get when I look at the first page of thumbnails attached to that photo of the perfectly darling little tykes in the swimming pool accessory or whatever it is.

Don't wanta be pushy or anything, guy, but I am still new enough to the current generation of Wing owners that I really want to see photos of the bike. So my daily routine is to scan the three major message boards that are of interest to me and then, as reliably as the sun coming up, go to the pictures site. I'm really getting frustrated when I click on the GL1800 pics link and, more often than not, don't get what I want or expect to get.

Just some constructive critcisim, y'know. Well, no, it's not even criticism, it's just a meek and mild mannered attempt to bring something to your attention that maybe you should take some note of. Or not. Whatever. We're not worthy. Thanks for your even peripheral attention.

See less See more
#2 ·
RoadSurfer......At the top of the page there is three message boxes. On the far right is a Box which says Photo Post. Use the little drop down arrow to scroll too gl1800 and you will have more pictures than you can shake a stick at....................... :yes2:

G
#5 ·
The picture pages are a creation of all the people who post photos into it. I am one of the worst offenders and tend to post a lot of stuff that may not be directly related to the category that it is in. But if you hit all of the pages you will find that there are more than enough bike photos to keep you drooling for quite a while.

#6 ·
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The picture pages are a creation of all the people who post photos into it. I am one of the worst offenders and tend to post a lot of stuff that may not be directly related to the category that it is in. But if you hit all of the pages you will find that there are more than enough bike photos to keep you drooling for quite a while.
As a Father of three boys I got to tell you those are some good looking boys, you should be a proud GP :D You need to get them on some commercials or something. ;)

#7 ·
LaMonster said:
"This is not limited to just GL1800 pictures but that is mostly what is there. I don't screen every picture to make sure it's a bike picture. Here is a direct link to the GL1800 pictures. If you do a count you will see it is 99.9% bike pictures.
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... hp?cat=501"

Yeah, I'm aware of that, LaMonster (and I have scanned all of the GL1800 pics). My point is that if you go to the Pictures page, then look for the rank devoted to "Pictures of GL1800" then click on "Latest Photo Upload" or whatever it says, you currently get Hal's adorable grandkids, not the latest GL1800 picture at all . If you then click to see "the rest of" this poster's pictures, the first page of 24 thumbnails you get has 24 pictures, not a one of which is of a GL1800.

Never mind. No biggee. (Well, no real biggee. Just a small irritant.) (Not like a cracked frame member or anything.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.