GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Prowlers braved the elements this morning, blue skies, cool temps, and abundant sunshine while conquering the Florida Dragon, aka The Ozello Trail in their trek to Peck's at Old Port Cove. My dogs were playing with my camera and accidentally broke it the other night, thus leaving me sans my photographic abilities this fine day. Lo and behold, Hal produced an antique camera he obtained from Lewis and Clark as they skirted his native land. Once I figured out how to wind it up it took amazingly good pictures. So, without further fiddle faddle, I give you that illustrious group...THE PROWLERS:eek:4:

Ah, almond crusted grouper, here we come

I hear Prowlers coming

Another winger slays the dragon and arrives intact

Wild Wayne

The lovely Carole

Bill and Becca

Lightning Lee

Rolf and Whiskers Jim

Les and Brian, with Lee hiding behind them

Gary, Lee, and Brian

Hal has captured my best side...at least my jacket looks cool

Cool bikes, especially the silver one on the far left

Good thing there's plenty of parking

Great view from the parking lot

Carole and John

Time to chow down...stand clear of working jaws

Let the feasting begin

Jim is ready with a firm grip on his silverware

Kevin and ...Mike? Help me out here, my CRS has kicked in

That's all folks. Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of The Florida Prowlers as they scour the state looking for good food at cheap prices
:lol:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
great pictures Tom your still on top of the list of best photographer :thumbup:We had a ride over to gator joes today great weather.

·
Registered
555 Posts
As usual, great pictures Tom. Hope your hand did not get tired winding the camera. Thanks to billb for hosting the RTE. It was nice meeting some of the new Prowlers and had a very enjoyable day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1st trip

I had a great time meeting many of you. It looks like you are a great group and I hope to make more of your RTEs
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Great pictures again Tom. The ride there was great and food was very good. The ride home was fun until about 50 miles from home I had the bad luck of hitting a wild hog. The Hog hit my front wheel I was running around 65 miles per hr. I had no time to miss the hog so we hit, the bike went down on the left side that the peg and my left foot was on the road, and I told myself that I was going down. But some how I was able to pull the bike back up-right still rolling down the road, I have no idea how I did that. When I finally found a place to stop to check out the bike all I could find was my front foot peg was moved up against the bike my ring of fire was hanging by the electical wire it was all broken, so I just cut the wire and took it off the bike. Then I seen what I could not believe there was hog *****t all over the left side of the bike and all over the rear seat, left side of the trunk, wow did that stink, so now if anyone want to help me in the morning to wash all of that off the wing let me know. It is good to be home.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pictures again Tom. The ride there was great and food was very good. The ride home was fun until about 50 miles from home I had the bad luck of hitting a wild hog. The Hog hit my front wheel I was running around 65 miles per hr. I had no time to miss the hog so we hit, the bike went down on the left side that the peg and my left foot was on the road, and I told myself that I was going down. But some how I was able to pull the bike back up-right still rolling down the road, I have no idea how I did that. When I finally found a place to stop to check out the bike all I could find was my front foot peg was moved up against the bike my ring of fire was hanging by the electical wire it was all broken, so I just cut the wire and took it off the bike. Then I seen what I could not believe there was hog *****t all over the left side of the bike and all over the rear seat, left side of the trunk, wow did that stink, so now if anyone want to help me in the morning to wash all of that off the wing let me know. It is good to be home.
Wayne, I am so glad to hear that you're OK and that your bike didn't fare too badly. I couldn't help but laugh however as I got further into the story. Are you sure it was the hog that made the mess?:eek:4:

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:roll::roll: LOLOLOL!!! WHENS THE BBQ ??? GLAD YOUR OK ! SATURDAY WAS 5/6 BABIES DEAD ON 95 SOUTH OF MALABAR . NO SIGN OF MOMMA :shrug:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
holy sh just scare the bejesus out of everybody.:eek:4::eek:4::eek:4: It wasnt pig poop hahahaha

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I may be a Canadian but I'm pretty sure Tom was slammin my almost new 10-15 yr old camera! It came in, in a pinch though, but you may be correct Tom! :eek:4:

Good pictures, greatly appreciated.
Larry, sorry to hear of your mishap also, but glad your OK!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Great day for a RTE! Good seeing everyone again and felt privileged to sit next to the Mayor.
Tom, hope your pics aren't copyrighted since Laura grabbed the one you took of me and is using it for her background on her laptop.:thumbup:

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hey Brian,
It was nice meeting you and we too hope you'll return. As you can see, we're a friendly bunch that doesn't stand on formalities. You're only new the first time, after that you're one of the group. I could tell right away that you were one of us...likes to ride, likes to talk, and likes to eat, although you look a little thin to be a Prowler...we can fix that
:lol:

Oh yea, with the aid of some Super Glue, I think I fixed my camera this morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts