GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my pictures off the Iphone are sideways and I have no idea how to make them correct. Can you fix them and let me know what the problem is?

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
It's an iPhone issue having to do with meta data info and/or exif-data that apple puts in the image header. You need to rotate your image(s) before loading them up.

The correct way to solve this issue is to take images (and video) the correct way...SIDEWAYS! This will eliminate the problem.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an iPhone issue having to do with meta data info and/or exif-data that apple puts in the image header. You need to rotate your image(s) before loading them up.
The correct way to solve this issue is to take images (and video) the correct way...SIDEWAYS! This will eliminate the problem.
I never knew there was a correct way and an incorrect way of taking pictures with an Iphone. I tried to rotate them and I could not get that feature to do so. I will try the next time to hold the phone sideways but in the mean time is is possible for you to rotate them so people can see them properly? I don't know why some things have to be so difficult. :cry:

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
I have i 5 and can take pics either way . Ck settings or ................ Lol

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have i 5 and can take pics either way . Ck settings or ................ Lol
I can post the same pictures in emails and everything is fine so I don't know what to change. :shrug:

·
Registered
401 Posts
paint

While I am sure there is an app for that, here is an approach using your PC.

• Load the picture to the PC.
  • Right Click on the picture and choose "edit". This will load the picture in Paint.
  • On the ribbon there is a rotate button. Rotate the picture and save.
Now the upload will work as expected.
...gene

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I am sure there is an app for that, here is an approach using your PC.

• Load the picture to the PC.
  • Right Click on the picture and choose "edit". This will load the picture in Paint.
  • On the ribbon there is a rotate button. Rotate the picture and save.
Now the upload will work as expected.
...gene
This sounds good but when I do what you are suggesting the picture is already in the correct position. So it would appear that I need to rotate the picture to the wrong position in order for it to show up correctly on this forum. I give up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts