GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well cycledude has passed me on pie night attendence. I had planned to attend last night, but got home and the contractor who was doing my roof was at my house tearing the old roof off. (supposed to start Wednesday). I just didn't feel I should leave with them working and asking my wife to make descisions as they progressed. She would have done fine, but would have been calling me 2 or 3 times through the evening. Anyway, congratulations Mike you beat me this year, but Ken and Leanne are holding up my end for me......lol.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
George, Mike asked me if I knew who was doing your roof, he said he was going to call them, to make sure they got a good start on TUESDAY.....

I said, Mike, you know that is pie night,

Mike replied, yes I'm aware of that

He has been hanging around Rail a lot lately, some of that surely has rubbed off on Mike.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
About 10 bikes rolled in at 8:00. Half of them looked like refrigerators but none of them was George.
Make sure those roofers pick up all their nails. Wouldn't want to get one in that new CT.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
About 10 bikes rolled in at 8:00. Half of them looked like refrigerators but none of them was George.
Make sure those roofers pick up all their nails. Wouldn't want to get one in that new CT.
Hey Ken could be he wants a real world test on that run flat:shrug:

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
hey George don't give up it ain't over yet, 2 more pie nights left :thumbup:

if i manage to make the last 2 pie nites that will b a total of about 3,200 miles and 80 gallons of gas that cost close to $300

Gene bought my pie last nite, THANKS Gene ! :thumbup:

all the pie nites were good but finally getting one ahead of George made last nite the best :joke:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Three pieces of pie made a good supper. Then yesterday I went up to the Golden Corral to get some more. Ah, life is good. :thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they finished the roof last evening. Should be good for the last 2 pie nights, unless Loren calls my wife on Mikes behalf to schedule something else to keep me away. She already has me slated to get rid of what she calls junk (things I may need in the future) and pitch it in the dumpster they left for a week. Did they have raspberry pie on Tuesday? I may need to pick up a whole one just to be sure I don't go through withdrawls.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
George, I think there may be a large trash truck comming over next Tuesday.

You just go to pie night, Mrs George can handle that little chore of pointing out what they need to haul away ......

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Hey Loren is it ever going to be decent for a road trip to AR?

Will be leaving on the 19th for our out west trip but when I get back we are going to make a Tunica run and Memphis Bike Nite and hit AR on the way down or on the way back.

Been watching the weather and looks like you guys have been in a sauna this summer.

As part of my 600 mile day yesterday I had to meet a guy in Black River falls last night at 8:30. Had to put my liner in for the ride home and my heavy gloves on. It was in the low 50"s and I was cold!!!

It's a chee thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
She already has me slated to get rid of what she calls junk (things I may need in the future) and pitch it in the dumpster they left for a week.
I call dibs on "junk"
Had to put my liner in for the ride home and my heavy gloves on. It was in the low 50"s and I was cold!!!

It's a chee thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Chee:p that's a shame you got cold, better get cracking on them miles fall is coming :twisted::lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts