GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

What is the normal weather conditions the first week of December. Do you wish for snow, or do you wish for the snow to go away. Would it be a waste of time to plan a bike trip from Oklahoma to the National Park this time of the year? TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Better bring your long johns. Average is in the mid 50's, but much colder in the mtns. about 15 cooler. If it does happen to snow it'll be gone in a day or 2. Too cold for me, but each his own. One good thing, there will not be much traffic that time of year. Mark

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark... We do OK with the cold, but get timid in the snow. Cheri wants to see Dollys empire and I would like to run Deals Gap and Visit with Yellow Wolf. First week of December will be the our first opening to get away until March, want to take advantage of the free time. Thanks again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I do not know about December but it is great this week!!!

I beat yah here!!

Carolyn and I have had a great trip so far. We left OK Saturday AM and just settled in South of Knoxville. We came across the Southern route (I-20)

Looks like we might need some rain gear the next day or so. That's OK. As dry as it has been back home, we could get rained on for a few days before we soak any up. LOL

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don,

You lucky (Happy) Guy. Have a Great trip! If you should run into Yellow Wolfe, give him a big Oklahoma Hello and Cheri and I will be up to Visit in December. Have fun and come home safe. :flg:

·
Registered
260 Posts
We did not make it over the Dragon. Rain, rain and more rain.

That's OK. We still enjoyed seeing what we could while in the area.

We really like the Telico Plains area.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
DAVIDMC
The best way to go to pigeon forge is cut off just s/w of knoxville on hwy321 and go thur lenoir city,maryville& townsend. Its a good ride and you dont have to go thur the knoxville traffic. Give me a shout when you get closer to coming this way and maybe we can ride a little together.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Wimpyhonda....We travel with our laptop, so we'll "warn" you before we leave, and in route. Your offer is truely appreciated! My wife told me to get rid of the "Quark" avatar and people would start talking to me. She was right. :D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Happy Guy said:
We did not make it over the Dragon. Rain, rain and more rain.

That's OK. We still enjoyed seeing what we could while in the area.

We really like the Telico Plains area.
Did you eat at the "Towns Cafe"? Did you ride 68 south outta there?
In Tellico I mean.

·
Registered
260 Posts
David,
I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just started making wise comments about being here now.

Steve,
We started out of Cleveland and worked our way over to Duck City, then took 68 North. That is a neat ride. Even in the rain it was fun for a couple "flatlanders". We took the 18 mile up and back along the river. The name escapes me right now. Went by Bald river Falls I think it is called. Great little side road to take the helmits off and smell the smells and hear the river flow as you go up it. Drove the Cherohola Skyway. It was a little rainy with fog. But hey, we were not back at home setting on the porch watching it rain. :D
We usually pack lunches during the day. We never know when or where the mood for a snack might hit. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts