GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Piggy Backer motorcycle cargo trailer?
My wife and I want to purchase a trailer that wont break the bank. We would use it for week long and possibly 2 week long trips but we would hotel it. So the trailer would be used mostly for clothes and afew odds and ends, we wont be needing to bring a tent, grill etc.
If anyone has one let me know your likes and dislikes...Thought about building the "harbor freight/sears cargo box" trailer but by the time i replace the lights with LEDs buy a spare, etc it would cost almost the same, alittle bigger, but do i really need the extra space anyway....ok i am done rambling:oops:

Thanks to all :bow:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got mine early last year and its a great trailer for the money. The only thing you need to be careful of is that you check and make sure the latches are closed or you might lose them.(but they send you an extra set when you order your trailer)
It is a great company to work with and they take great care of their customers, as you can tell by reading other posts about the trailer.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Piggy Backer

I do and like it. It's just right for me. Had it painted to match the wing. I bought the 12" wheels model and I'm glad I did. Pulls very well. I use it maybe four times a year and at the cost of the others, found this to be the better deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My brother and I both have the piggy back trailer for our bikes. best bang for the buck! I have the 12" one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
browse on over to the trail section on this forum. There is some good info posted about the piggy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
tralier

Stargzr, if you want to buy a good trailer that won't break the bank, check out the Aluma in the for sale section $1250.00 thats a great deal.:biker::biker::biker:....John

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought a Piggy last year and it is the best bang for the buck. Mine has the 8 inch wheels and pulls like its not even there. Since I will be only using it a couple times a year I couldn't justify 3-5000.00 for a trailer. It works for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We have pulled ours coast to coast and have never had a problem , it tows great and handles cross winds well / 50 + in AZ last year on the way to Cal. Great trailer for the money.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Had ours for about 18 months and 15000 miles and love it best bang for the dollar. :agree::agree::doorag:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Wife and I purchased our first Piggy back in 06'. Had it shipped to Minnesota where we picked up our new Roadhawk trike. Pulled the Piggy all the way from Minnesota to Central Florida. Never a problem and had to keep checking to make sure it was still back there.

best money we have ever spent! We have the one with the 8" wheels and couldn't be happier.

You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
myself & 3 friends own Piggy's, we are very satisfied w/ them:thumbup:
at the time they where $600 + shipping, the best $600 I ever spent in motorcycling
they cost $700 now but, the upgrades justify the $100 difference..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow thanks for all the posts! Well that does it I will have to order one :thumbup::excited: Man is this board great or what, helped me install my cb, and fog lights, answered questions on my baker wings.......Hmmmm and i just installed my new passenger seat back on my wing from diamond custom seats I think the wife will like it:cool:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Stargzr, what kind of hitch did you put on and why?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I got mine way back in early 05, and like every one says; Best Bang for the Buck :yes1: I added LED boat light from the start. Did I say it was the best Bang for the Buck...:doorag:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
This post is on the want to sell section right now.

I made this trailer a few years ago and have over 5,000 trouble free miles on it. It pulls as straight and easy as any you can buy. It has 12 in. tires with plenty of thread left. I'm asking $500 or best offer. I have bought a Bunkhouse and now need the room.
Pictures are at http://rickusa.com/trailer.
e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I got mine way back in early 05, and like every one says; Best Bang for the Buck :yes1: I added LED boat light from the start. Did I say it was the best Bang for the Buck...:doorag:
George you didnt say it was ugly this time. :shrug:.
I did the same thing with the lights. I changed all the lamps that came on it to led. Add another whole set for the blinkers. Even added a tag light and relocated it to the center.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This post is on the want to sell section right now.

I made this trailer a few years ago and have over 5,000 trouble free miles on it. It pulls as straight and easy as any you can buy. It has 12 in. tires with plenty of thread left. I'm asking $500 or best offer. I have bought a Bunkhouse and now need the room.
Pictures are at http://rickusa.com/trailer.
e-mail [email protected]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts