GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, need some advice. I am looking at purchasing a Piggy Backer Trailer for my Trike. I do not do a lot of traveling but will take a few trips this summer. I looked at a Bushtec trailer which is great but lots of $$$$. Since I will only use the tailer a few times, can u all give me some good and bad about this particular brand? Thanks for your input, Bob

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I have had mind for 4 years (8 inch wheels, that was all there was then) and it is my Johnnie Cash! Its, been every where Man!!! Great little trailer. Best Bang for the BUCK out there bar none!!. I did replace the lights that came with it to LED's, in fact dint even put on the set that came with it, just bought a set of boat trailer LED's. I pulled it with the GL-1200 all over before getting the Trike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Piggybacker Trailer

It's a great trailer for the $. I pulled mine from PA to CA last September with no problems what so ever. It will do as good a job as the high priced models. I have the XL model with the 12" wheels and torsion axles.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You are not going to use it that much. Think USED. This is about an 86, and less than $500 wrapped up in it including the paint job.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm building my trailer, there's a lot of help on the trailer page...it's fun, I've never build anything in my life, I'm taking my time, and work on it as my health will let me....in about two weeks and I should post a picture...I'm in to it about half the cost... under $400....but I can say..I did that>:thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for all of the responses. I really could never build one, not mechanical at all. Will continue to look for used or end up with new. Thanks again. Bob

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Thanks everyone for all of the responses. I really could never build one, not mechanical at all. Will continue to look for used or end up with new. Thanks again. Bob
Bob....I don't no tool from another, but read all the HF posting and home made posting..Take your time....I know how to put gas in it and drive it, and can change a tire,,,I never could change the oil unto I did it once..so check thing's out before giving up...you'll be happy with your self.......just go slow.....you'll be happy you did....and want have a arm and a leg in it....:thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Bob, I have the Piggy with the 12" wheels. I really like it, altho I only use it for long trips that I seldom take. Ergo I wanted something inexpensive since would not be used much. For weekenders I use the Pakit Rack.

I like the Piggy alot. Good luck.

Larry

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill, I'm thinking this is the best way to go for $$$ and sense. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bob,

Piggybacker is a good basic trailer for the price I would recomend 12" wheels though. Personally wife and I have a Dart trailer here that I bought with a bike i had a while back and we love it. Had to get a White Trike to match the trailer !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Painted mine white to match the trike and installed carpet and internal hooks to lash down luggage. Co-Rider thinks all that space is for her stuff (she's right)!

:agree::agree::agree::agree::thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts