GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Is the Pikes Peak Hill open to the top yet for a motorcycle ascent in a week from now (April 29 or 30th)?

It's been years since we've been up Ol' Zeb's Mountain, do to cost and the city charging by the head instead of by the carload to get in. That, and I've got a taller Mt Evans that's free to ride up and back on and only costs a few dollars for a carload and $2 or $3 for a bike if you are stopping on top. And it's in my backyard! Sadly it's not open till the end of May.

That link to Zeb's Mountain should get you their phone # for a hopefully real live person that can give you current road conditions. From the web site, it looks open year round unless weather closes it.

Here's a link for coupons for the COS area including PP.

Let us know how it is going up. The last time we took the Cog Railway like a real tourist and learned a lot about the area.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I will be there this Monday morning at 0730 with 3 other bikes. Hopefully we can make it up there and back down without to much traffic. I am leaving san Antonio at 0430 in the morning, in about 8 hours. I better get some sleep.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope you bring some cooled weather gear because we got snow in Castle Rock today. Early in May I left the Denver area in snow and went down too the three sisters and it was 95 degrees a few days. Have a great trip and be safe.

2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes but

I hope you bring some cooled weather gear because we got snow in Castle Rock today. Early in May I left the Denver area in snow and went down too the three sisters and it was 95 degrees a few days. Have a great trip and be safe.
Yes but tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80's. Love this Colorado weather. Cold weather gear is a good idea this time of year especially if you can't run home to add a couple of layers before you continue. You may be real lucky and get to see some aspen colors in the mountains while here, something we all look forward to.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Just for info, prediced high of 38 with 60% chance of rain/ snow mix Monday at Pikes Peak, so yes bring a jacket and gloves.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts