GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for my new 04 to arrive at the dealership, and in the mean time I have been purchasing a few goodies for it when it arrives. I would like to have some pin stripping done to it when it gets here, but I am not sure just what design I would like. Do any of you know of any internet sites where a person can get some ideas on designs?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Go to the top

On the front above the grey header is a Google Search box.
Type in (Motorcycle Pinstriping) then click on the grey colored box and you will have all kinds of sites to look at and get some idea's.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have read a number of pcomments about there being pinstrippers at the big bike events

perhaps a cruise to knoxville would get an expert job done at the hoot

loren

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pin Striping

Gerald, I had a nice young lady do a picture of the m & m peanut riding a motorcyle on the from of my wing at the Indiana State Rally of GWTA in Columbia City last year and she did an absolutely super job. Her name is Sue Pupura "Chipper" and she lives in Cumberland, Ind. and I think that is close to you and her business is called Designs and Dreams by Chipper. Phone number 317-894-8860 web info is [email protected]. She does murals and pin striping and I know she does wonderful work. Give her a call and see what she can do for you. I believe she will be at the Indiana rally again this year in Osgood Ind. in August and I am not sure of dates at this time.
Good luck.

Don

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Mountainman Art

Mountainman Art from West Virginia did some work for me on my Valk and then a little more elaborate on my Gold Wing. He does very good work and attends many of the rallies. You can check him out at:

http://www.mountainmanart.com/

A size view of my Wing is below (little larger image than I normally would put here, but wanted you to be able to see the beads and feathers on the sides). Also has a dreamcatcher on the front and rear. Really looks good with my Pearl Orange. I went with this layout vs putting chrome strips on the bags/trunk. I think this looks better than the chrome. Some of the colors (darker) really look great with the chrome. I just did not want to over do it as it starts looking a little tacky in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Gerald,

Once the brush hits your Tupperware, it is yours. There are lots of good people at there that do quality work. And as many or more that should stick to painting houses.

My Recommendation, would be, to not be in a hurry. Drive around, look at what other people have done, and by whom. Also the larger rallies like Americade, the hoot and others draw lots of these people that do this work, to one place. There, you can watch them work and see what they are doing.

I had my pin stripping done at Americade by the "BMW BOYZ". I would use them again, if I ever needed more stripping. And there are a ton of other good ones as well.

Go Slow, Choose Wisely, Pay Handsomely...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
300 Posts
pinnstriping

we had our bike done at americade last year and it was well worth it .in my opinion, to go to any bike rally were the painters gather you can see thier work and meet them and watch them work ..those mean alot to me .good luck what ever you choose to have done will make it yours and proud to show it off to every one you meet .what a thrill...good luck..ride safe

G

·
Really like what Sue Hopper did to "Sweet Thang". You can't see in the pictures, but each starburst has neat looking sparkles around them.

She will be @ the TX 1800 Gathering

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've had art work done by Sue VanNess, now Sue Hopper I think, and Mike Lambourn, Mountain Man. Both do beautiful work and travel the rally circuit from Spring to Fall and have many books with pictures of their work that you can use to get ideas or you can give them a picture or idea and they will 'do their thing'. When it comes to pinstriping, I highly recommend TJ and the Boss. TJ specializes in pinstriping, no murals, and also is on the rally circuit. I just had TJ do my new bike in October and get compliments about the striping all the time.

.. Sue

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've had art work done by Sue VanNess, now Sue Hopper I think, and Mike Lambourn, Mountain Man. Both do beautiful work and travel the rally circuit from Spring to Fall and have many books with pictures of their work that you can use to get ideas or you can give them a picture or idea and they will 'do their thing'. When it comes to pinstriping, I highly recommend TJ and the Boss. TJ specializes in pinstriping, no murals, and also is on the rally circuit. I just had TJ do my new bike in October and get compliments about the striping all the time.

.. Sue

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I bought my bike used, and it already had pin stripping done to it.

I gotta admit, when I first saw the colors, they looked a bit "girlie" :lol:

But they grew on my and the colors do compliment the yellow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Chipper

As luck would have it Sue Purpura and her husband Phil are good friends of ours. They are in our GW chapter. I have talked with her and she is going to do it, but wanted me to get some idea of what I want. I agree with you she is really good!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I.B. Mike,

Great looking pinstripes!
very tasteful

Later,
JU

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
TJ & The Boss did this one. It was done before I got the bike. It has grown on me! In the past, when having a vehicle done, I would just turn the "artist" loose with it. I tell them I don't want anything to jump out at me from across the street. I like mild stripe work!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
John Ulrich said:
I.B. Mike,

Great looking pinstripes!
very tasteful

Later,
JU

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Red said:
In the past, when having a vehicle done, I would just turn the "artist" loose with it.
That is what the guy I bought my bike off of did. Said he thought the same thing I did when I first saw it, but it grew on him too.

Yours look great RED! :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
pinstripes

Very nice looking bikes! I am planning to have something done to our yellow '03 this year. Now can you guys give me a ballpark idea of what it costs to have this done? Gotta start saving now :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have looked at a lot of work by the painters and I have to say that Taylors House of Color in Louisville, Ky is as good as any and way better than most. If you really critique the quality of the brush strokes and the semitry of the pattern you can usually find flaws in most. And best of all, Taylors is reasonable on their prices.

boB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Art Work

Gerald,check out this web-site.
www.airbrushedoriginals.com. click on scrapbook. Maryl has done six
motorcycles for us. We have won 5 best of Show's at Americade,first
places at WingDing plus a total of 36 Best of Show's at other Rally's
An show's.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: Art Work

Dave Phillips said:
Gerald,check out this web-site.
www.airbrushedoriginals.com. click on scrapbook. Maryl has done six
motorcycles for us. We have won 5 best of Show's at Americade,first
places at WingDing plus a total of 36 Best of Show's at other Rally's
An show's.
Checked out the web site... and only one word comes to mind...

WOW!!!

Some amazing work!!

And it sounds like you might know a thing or two about showing bikes!! :D

I see this was your first post. Welcome to the board! Look forward to seeing you around here!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts