GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many out there are plagued with pine pollen this time of year? It gets everywhere including every nook and cranny of the bike. A leaf blower doesn't get the stuff off. I tried going 120mph but it still clung for life to every part of my scoot. Guess it could be worse, there could be a lot of snow on the ground.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Fortunately, we're almost finished with the pollen for this year, but then again, our spring starts a little earlier than yours. :a13:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea it could be worse. We got 3" of snow last night and today, calling for 2" more tonight. I can live with the snow, it won't last long. It's all the salt that they think they need to put on the roads thats bad.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have been waiting for the pollen to stop so I can wash my bike........for now I have a yellow tint covering my bike.....:22yikes:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Mix just a tad of H2O, like a brief rain shower, not enough to wash it all off, then add bright sunshine, and woolah, instant stains right through clear coat.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

Don't laugh, but a Swiffer Duster does a great job of sucking up dust and pollen.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hate this time of year. Clean for hours and a 5 min ride will make a black bike yellow. :wrong:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
We have gone to Americade for the ast six or so years.....the height of pollen season for the pines in the Adirondaks

Amazing to see clouds of yellow waft through the hills.....yellow waves on the water in the lake....and of course yellow pollen in every nook and cranny on the motorcycle

Only remedy I have found is a good flush with a hose

·
Mild Hog
585 Posts
For about 4 weeks we in the South are exempt from washing cars or bikes. I do have to turn the hose on the pic-up windshield so that I can see in the mornings though.:eek:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plenty of pollen in my area Jammer,,but were pretty close to being neighbors.
You're right down the street, uh, highway, from me. Hope we get some good rain before the weekend to wash this stuff away. I want to ride on saturday.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yes; we get the pine pollen in Feb/Mar and the love bugs in April. The bike gets cleaned a lot during those times.

·
Registered
657 Posts
POLLEN if thats all you have to worry about DON"T WORRY BE HAPPY!!! Go for a ride:eek:4::biker:

A

·
0 Posts
South Mississippi here. I live on 11 acres with lots of pines on and around the property so we're swimming in the stuff. It covers everything including the pond.

If it isn't the pollen it's the love bugs.

Since everything comes in threes I might as well go ahead and tell you that my in-laws also live in our property.

Kill me now.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Pine pollen here won't start for another couple of weeks, but it sure is pesty when it arrives it seems like it lasts forever.

·
Registered
63 Posts
South Mississippi here. I live on 11 acres with lots of pines on and around the property so we're swimming in the stuff. It covers everything including the pond.

If it isn't the pollen it's the love bugs.

Since everything comes in threes I might as well go ahead and tell you that my in-laws also live in our property.

Kill me now.
I feel a lot better about just having to deal with pollen now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went for a short ride today on my Dark Red '08. Didn't take long for the yellow dust to settle all over the bike!!! Tried my best to clean it off but it's EVERYWHERE!! Ugh!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts