GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I read today a big wheel at Marysville Ohio was ask why Honda choose "PINK" for the color of the air bag on the GL1800, can anyone guess what his answer was???

Take a guess, I'll post his reply later.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I have no idea, that is a good question though.
Can't wait to hear the answer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
To increase the chances of being seen should the accident occur off the road in a lightly traveled area.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Registered
806 Posts
Cuzz TROJAN makes them

·
Registered
255 Posts
To help cover up the blood since the air bag broke your face shield and cut your face up?

·
Registered
238 Posts
So the airbag (asspad) can crap your face back out of it after the crash. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
He said:
"The pink color on the GL1800's, is used on other Honda's car/truck units".
and seems Honda's Goldwing uses the same suppliers for their air bags.

So there you have it, but I still don't know why pink for any units, when there are so many other colors to choose from.

Only thing I know, that if own a air-bag model someday, that I never activate it to find out.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
He said:
"The pink color on the GL1800's, is used on other Honda's car/truck units".
and seems Honda's Goldwing uses the same suppliers for their air bags.

So there you have it, but I still don't know why pink for any units, when there are so many other colors to choose from.

Only thing I know, that if own a air-bag model someday, that I never activate it to find out.
If you own one and you see the air bag, the color is the least of your problems. :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,934 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
So that EMS would see it in case of an accident?
I am afraid that would not work if you had that pink goldwing I saw here last week...

The Harley guys heard of this "pink" airbag and laughed.... They are making thier airbags out of iron so they "look" tougher after an accident...

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock:

·
15 year Member
6,934 Posts
Great White Wing said:
So someone could photoshop a bunghole in it and give everyone a laugh.
Something was already done like that on this board.... it went over like a fart in church...

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
[quote="Great White Wing":375seljy]So someone could photoshop a bunghole in it and give everyone a laugh.
Something was already done like that on this board.... it went over like a fart in church...

Matt(Ashland,MA)[/quote:375seljy]

I know, that's where I saw it and downloaded it. I laugh every time I see it. Classic.

·
Registered
806 Posts
In Canada it is COLOUR
come on get it right will yah GeZZZZ :banghead: :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'd be too embarrased to have an accident. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
To entertain themselves while reading the Goldwing owner websites discuss the color.

If it saves my life I couldn't care less what color it is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts