GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been a fan of having my bikes pinstriped. While at Americade this year I decided to go ahead and have my 2018 Goldwing pinstriped. I think it turned out great and am really happy with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Very Nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks beautiful!!!

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
NICE !!:thumbup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have always put a mural on mine. (just a small one to personalize it)..... for some reason, I decided to just leave this 2018 plane Jane this time. I love the bike, I love the way it rides and handles.... but for some reason, this is the first bike I've ever had, that hasn't really grown on me. This one is just a bike. Not MY bike if that makes sense. Its been a year and I miss my previous GL1800. MY yellow beast!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I have always put a mural on mine. (just a small one to personalize it)..... for some reason, I decided to just leave this 2018 plane Jane this time. I love the bike, I love the way it rides and handles.... but for some reason, this is the first bike I've ever had, that hasn't really grown on me. This one is just a bike. Not MY bike if that makes sense. Its been a year and I miss my previous GL1800. MY yellow beast!

I know exactly what you mean. Except for the missing my 2010. The only time I can say that I really miss it is pulling into the garage with the 2018..... I miss it entirely by parking next to it and is by intent because I don't want to damage either bike..... Also, my 2001 did not have to grow on me. It felt like it was absolutely mine within the first block after leaving the dealer with it. All of the other pre 2012's that I purchased after that felt like mine the first time I threw a leg over it. With the 2018, the ride home felt more like "I sure hope this was not a mistake....." I am at least past that and enjoying it. I just need to finish getting a few items installed..... Putting interior lights in the 5 storage areas (and I may include the gas door to help reduce splash out when gassing at night). I also want to put "Fred's" helmet latches under the trunk hooked to the worthless OEM helmet release lever. I would love to put an alarm on it if I can figure out how to make it happen without getting one of those worthless "bike" alarms. Gee, I am making it sound like I am trying to turn it into my 2010......

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@wingnut944 Very nice touch to the White GL1833! Ride it with a Honda Smile as the miles go by!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I believe that I walked past the pin stripping booth, as they were working on your bike (or one that looked like yours).... I stopped and watched and "thought" that they did an excellent job.....

Ronnie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was done by Mac the Knife. He has done several bikes for me over the years. I like the fact the his shop is in the Lake George area so if I ever need anything repaired I can go there to get it done. This was the first 2018 Goldwing that he has done so he spent some time studying the lines of the bike to determine what he would do. I told him I wanted something subdued and not something that jumped out at you. I now feel that the bike is mine and not like all the other white Goldwings that I saw at Americade.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
White is a beautiful blank canvas just waiting for the owner to add their own tasteful touches......
Very nice job....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts