GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the valkrie 6 into 6 exhaust pipes be installed on the 2005 GL 1800?

·
Registered
931 Posts
lomax said:
Are the Cobra Slip-ons worth thier wieght in Gold or a waste of money?

Loaded question? :lol:

Marc
I purchased mine on Ebay for $100. Replaced the original Cobra baffles with the second generation. Next modified all the louvers to reduce the 3000rpm drone by opening the gap up by an extra 2-3mm.

As they are now set up, priceless.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Mongo said:
lomax said:
Are the Cobra Slip-ons worth thier wieght in Gold or a waste of money?

Loaded question? :lol:

Marc
I purchased mine on Ebay for $100. Replaced the original Cobra baffles with the second generation. Next modified all the louvers to reduce the 3000rpm drone by opening the gap up by an extra 2-3mm.

As they are now set up, priceless.
Got mine on Ebay for $200 brand new in the box with a small dent... Love 'em... I can see how somebody could not appreceate them though and sell them.. Wouldn't pay full price for new ones when there's so many out there being sold by folks who didn't like the sound!

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
waste of money
spend your money on something that works
like tires,oil,gas,helmets,gps,nice boots

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
laen said:
waste of money
Why spend money on a GPS? I get a free paper GPS at every Welcome Station! :?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
MONGO, I see you liked my trick, now I have one more, I cut off the baffle right behind the peice that bolts back into the pipe, they sound even better, not near as loud as I thought they would be.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Red said:
laen said:
waste of money
Why spend money on a GPS? I get a free paper GPS at every Welcome Station! :?
Hey RED we went out west some states had NO MAPS!!!!WTFlock....I like to look at maps also...chuck

·
Registered
931 Posts
mudbug said:
MONGO, I see you liked my trick, now I have one more, I cut off the baffle right behind the peice that bolts back into the pipe, they sound even better, not near as loud as I thought they would be.

Yes thank you for the first suggestion. I am not sure how you cut it for the second modification. Did you cut off the "mushroom head" portion, and if so, which piece did you put back?

I have an extra set of baffles, so it will be easy to make another change.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Mongo said:
mudbug said:

Yes thank you for the first suggestion. I am not sure how you cut it for the second modification. Did you cut off the "mushroom head" portion, and if so, which piece did you put back?
Pictures??? :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Mongo, I cut off the whole pipe that extends into the muffler, just leaving the mushroom head that bolts into the pipe. I also carry an allen wrench around with me now and can remove them anytime and be as loud as my harley buddies, they love it, then for the ride home I just put them back in. If I can get some pics I will post them. :croc: :biker: :biker: :flg: :flg: :croc:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Gotcha. Going try it next time I can remember where those extra baffles ended up :oops:

·
Registered
931 Posts
mudbug said:
Did the mudbug modification #2 on my extra Cobra baffles. I agree, not as loud as I would have expected either. However, when accelerating uphill at 3000 rpm, the drone is pretty bad, even with an open helmet.

Had to put back my modified baffles, within minutes of getting off the freeway: no drone, sound just right. And, I can still appreciate ZZ Top with the 400 watt subwoofer :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts