GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Battlax on the front with the Pirelli Demon. Bax was very cupped and wobble was growing worse. Now smooth as can be. The buzz reported by some is there but very slight and not really noticable.

The guys at the shop were interested in the rear tire on front and the CT on the back. One even said I was a Darksider. He must have read the rear fender. When I walked out to the bike a crotch rocket left burning tires. The service mgr said not to take off like that (he was kidding). :doorag:

G

·
I replaced the Battlax on the front with the Pirelli Demon. Bax was very cupped and wobble was growing worse. Now smooth as can be. The buzz reported by some is there but very slight and not really noticable.

The guys at the shop were interested in the rear tire on front and the CT on the back. One even said I was a Darksider. He must have read the rear fender. When I walked out to the bike a crotch rocket left burning tires. The service mgr said not to take off like that (he was kidding). :doorag:
I would never ever do something like that. Never, ever. Think it's because I might have fallen off a merry go round as a young kid. :lol:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I would have obeyed his wishes and "not" left spinning the back wheel..............................But I would have done a wheelie.:p

As soon as I can wear this Battlax out, on the slab, I'll get the Sport Demon...........Maybe before.;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am taking the leap today.
I am having the Sport Demon put on the front and I will let you all know what I think in a few days. :excited:
Wore out the stone and needed new fork seals done too!!!

Rocky! What pressure you running on the front????

Ray :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I heard a rumor the other day. Somebody is coming out with a new motorcycle tire compound. One tire will have 3 different rubber compounds on it. The center part that hits the pavement going strait will have a long wear rubber. Just to either side of that a little softer compound and the edges will be real sticky for the s turns and high speed riding. What do you think. That would be the ultimate.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I heard a rumor the other day. Somebody is coming out with a new motorcycle tire compound. One tire will have 3 different rubber compounds on it. The center part that hits the pavement going strait will have a long wear rubber. Just to either side of that a little softer compound and the edges will be real sticky for the s turns and high speed riding. What do you think. That would be the ultimate.
:nojoke::nojoke::nojoke:
Your just too funny....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts