GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my Pirelli Snow Control RF soon, will go with either the Pirelli P1 or Bridgestone Driveguard. Have been happy with the Snow Control, but positive reviews of the P1 and Driveguard on this forum are making me think they are better choices.

My criteria – handling, handling, and handling!!!! Price and mileage do not matter. So please – if you have experience with both the P1 and Driveguard, please give me your comparisons. Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You picked two runflats, so I take it runflats are a criteria? If so, then the P1.
Yes, runflat is a definite criteria (my main reason for going dark!)
Do you have experience with both the P1 & Driveguard? If so, what do you like better about the P1?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Snow control is the best tire for your criteria. (although it will be a bit more $/mile) I run a DG, but the Snow Control is the absolute best riding tire I’ve ridden. It’s crisp, nimble, sticky, great in the rain, and RF! I’ve NOT run the P1 but have had lengthy discussion with tire conisuers who have run both. They all like the SC with P1 and DG running close seconds. DG is a great tire, and the only drawback as far as I’m concern is that it is a heavier carcass than the P1 or the SC. DG gets about 25% more mileage, which for me is part of my criteria. You won’t go wrong with any of them IMHO.

:thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
ANOTHER "WONKIFIED" RIDER. !:surprise::wink2:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Time to replace my Pirelli Snow Control RF soon, will go with either the Pirelli P1 or Bridgestone Driveguard. Have been happy with the Snow Control, but positive reviews of the P1 and Driveguard on this forum are making me think they are better choices.

My criteria – handling, handling, and handling!!!! Price and mileage do not matter. So please – if you have experience with both the P1 and Driveguard, please give me your comparisons. Thanks.

Based on your criteria, plus the comment regarding mileage I would suggest the P1. While I have not tried the Driveguard, based on my own criteria (weight of the tire) and comments from others regarding mileage the P1 rises to the top. It is an excellent handling tire wet or dry! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I just ordered a new P1 today. Mine has over 22k on it now and I'm fixing to leave for Rockies Gold. I think mine has enough tread left to make the round trip but I ain't taking no chances. Last time I left Florida on tire with 22k on it. It separated a belt half way through Lousyanna and GlockJock had to loan me a tire to get back home on. Pic of P1 I just took off.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts

I’m looking at my 3 rd Darkside tire , can you give me the exact size of your Perilli,RF, all I can find at Tire Rack is 195/55/16, and I want 195/60/16.
thx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m looking at my 3 rd Darkside tire , can you give me the exact size of your Perilli,RF, all I can find at Tire Rack is 195/55/16, and I want 195/60/16.
thx
I bought a Bridgestone Driveguard. Don't know about Pirelli size. Sure someone else will pipe in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts