GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really happy with what I'm seeing out of this tire. I'm doing some maintenance prep before our trip later this month, and beside changing oil, final drive oil, and spark plugs, I went through and checked the tires. The P1 which has been run at 35PSI with two up, about 9,000 miles on it, measured 6/32" across the entire tire. Unless something changes, I can see this tire easily providing 20,000 miles or more. I'll take another look when we get back as we plan on adding about 2600 miles on it over 2 weeks, and see what she shows.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I have 22k on mine now and the shallowest spot I found was 4/32 and most places was 5/32. I run mine at 28psi to 30psi most of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having completed our late Summer trip, I checked the tread depth on both the front and rear tires. Since the bike was quite overloaded, I increased the air pressure in the rear tire for our trip, and it shows. The Pirelli P1 now measures 5/32", 4/32", and 5/32". We started the trip with measurements of 6/32" all the way across. Our trip covered a total of 3472 miles, and now the Pirelli has a total of 12,578 miles on it. I'm thinking it will take care of us for another season. The front 709 on the other hand, now shows only 1/32" in the center groove and 3/32" on the edges, so it will be replaced soon. I may be able to squeeze another short ride or two from it.

Reactions: Way2Cool
1 - 3 of 3 Posts