GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mileage logged to date on this 195 55 16 H87 Pirelli Snowsport 210 ROF is 2,734 miles on my 2007 audio, comfort, navi equipped Wing. I have nothing but good to say about this tire.
First, I am a moderately aggressive rider who likes to drag pegs in the twisters. The added weight to the bike on this trip was 280 lbs which includes me, the solo rider, and my baggage. Tire pressure was set at 32 psig. My bike is full Traxxion equipped with a fork brace, all-balls headset bearings, ie., the works. The rear shock pre-load was set at #12 and was not changed during this trip. The route to Sturgis South Dakota included about 900 miles on Montana freeways at 75 mph, and the rest over two lane highways in Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and South Dakota. Mostly the road surface was chip-seal. I took the bike through a hailstorm over Beartooth Pass that included slush on the road surfaces lots of 25 and 35 mph rated curves downhill. The bike behaved politely with no slipping or squirrling around in the twisters in the slush on the roadway.
The tire wear of 1/32 to 2/32's of an inch of tread depth lost is even across the tread with no cupping, feathering or other tread deformations throughout.
I was quite impressed with how the 210 handled tar snakes in curves at speed. The front tire, a Bridgstone G709, slipped on the snakes but the rear was rock steady with no slipping what so ever. Very confidence inspiring from the rear anyway and there was no squishy feel around tight and descending apex curves that I experience with the Dunlop 175 60
16 tire I had been running.
The tire held it's pressure perfectly and no air had to be added.
It was a real joy to ride on this very confidence inspiring and comfortable rear tire. I can recomend this tire to anyone looking for another very good CT.
My thanks to all you "seasoned" darksiders who freely provided enough of the right stuff, as in shared information, that helped me to take the decision to ride on the darkside.
Later on...

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Thanks for the great report. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Great report Wilber! I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts