GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys time to get a new CT I only have bought Yoko CT and although I like them I was think about get the Pirelli winter control RF.
Has anybody had this CT on there Wing?
And if so what are the pros and cons

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If you are talking about the snow control P7 I think. A lot of the guys down here run that and they rave about it. Has already been a lot of talk on here about that tire. Me personally I run the P1 and really like it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Never ran a CT before. The Snow Control was put on last season and I love it. Very smooth and the more rounded profile makes it so I don't even know I am on a CT any more. Only felt a little the first run or two. I used beads to balance and based on my first season on the tire, I would get another one when the time comes.

Others will chime in and there is a lot of info on the Darkside board to take a look at. Others like the DriveGuard. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
As Capt. Bob said, I've seen and read about many who use them and rave about them. Traction and handling performance seem to be very good, but it seems the mileage isn't the best. The snow tire compounds are softer which lends itself to better traction, but softer compounds wear more quickly on dry hot pavement, so there's a trade off. I also use the Pirelli P1 RF. The tread isn't symmetrical like the Snow Control, but the shoulders are rounder providing a more motorcycle tire feel when cornering, and the traction is awesome. I hate to say it, but I'm more than capable of dragging the floorboards through the corners with the P1. I've only got about 2000 miles on the P1 we installed before our trip last year, it still looks new. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Monk to the white courtesy phone, please.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
SOON ANOTHER CRASH N BURN STORY ! YOU GUYS JUST WONT/ DONT LEARN ! :surprise::wink2::laugh: MILEAGE MIGHT NOT BE AS GOOD BUT COST IS STILL CHEAPER THAN MC TIRE AND LAST LONGER THAN A MC ….. PLUS THE SAFETY OF A RF. GOOD LUCK N WELCOME TO DS. GET WITH MURGIE ON A #

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Hey guys time to get a new CT I only have bought Yoko CT and although I like them I was think about get the Pirelli winter control RF.

There are some who really love the Yoko RF. And I would have to say it is a very good tire. I would go on to say it is not for me. The Yoko is one of the heavier tires. If you are not doing a lot of pushing the bike left and right through the curves then I'm not sure the extra weight would matter all that much?

If your interested in riding the curves at a pretty fair pace then you owe it to yourself to try one of the Pirelli tires. Either the SnowControl of the Pirelli P1. I would be surprised if you didn't notice an immediate difference.

If your only/major concern is how many miles your going to get, then I would suggest taking a hard look at the Driveguard. It is slightly lighter than the Yoko which should give a little better handling in the curves. I'm saying that and I have not tried one. One of the two Pirelli's work just fine for me. While the Pirelli's wear out sooner, I don't mine spending a little more money for the better handling in the curves. "If you want to play, then you have to pay" :wink2:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I have ran a few yoko's and 2 P1's and none of the snow pirellis . But the P1 is an amazing RF . Honestly it's the best handling RF I had on my wings . Gonna try the winter one this spring .

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Boy, I sure know that lesson well.
Your tire mountains always make my head shake back and forth. I sure dream of living in the mountains ,,,,,daily ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I had the Pirelli winter control RF put on today,I went for a short ride and so far I have to say the handling is much better than the Yoko RF that I have had on Goldwing.
I think the rounder side make a big difference.
Thanks for all of the advice to go with this tire,This site ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Time to get back to the dark side! I could probably squeeze a couple thousand more miles out of the original Dunlap, but we’ve got to many miles planned in the next 3 weeks including coming out to Rogers. First time running the Pirelli SC. I’ve heard lots of goods things about this tire and can’t wait to get out and try it!

Attachments

Reactions: Monk and 1potter1
1 - 15 of 15 Posts