GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but can I use my Pitbull lift on my '05 GL1800 with the Tulsa belly pan still attached? I'd rather not take it off if I don't have to. I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but I thought that I'd ask the experts first.

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Doug,

You are fine with the BP in place. Do not use the 1/4" PitBull adaptor with it,if you have one.

Bulldog

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Sams lift and Tulsa Belly Pan. I have lifted the bike several times, no problem, no damage.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a Pit Bull and a belly pan for a few years now. No problem in using. I have never used any type of an adaptor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
pitbull lift?

i checked them out on there web site, is it really that stable that it does not need to be straped, what about the weight shift of removing 1 or both wheels, also i looked under my bike last nite and am curious as to what the lift is contacting as it lifts, it looks to me like it would be the exhaust and bottom of motor or is that what the shim is for. is it easy to spin around while the bike is on it? these are just some of my thoughts that i was hoping you guy's that have one could answer for me before i order one!!
thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
The Pit Bull is extremely stable. They show folks crawling around on the bike, untethered while up in the air. I am a little more cautious than that and use at least 2 of the 4 "D" rings welded to the frame with straps. "Murphy" lives at my house.

The lift arms, push up on the center stand pivot and the engine with or without the 1/4" shim provided. The 1/4 " shim makes the bike just a tad more stable .

If you have a belly pan, do not use the shim, just the bottom of the belly pan.

Bulldog

·
Registered
241 Posts
Crow,
I've had mine up a few times without strapping it down, but that was just for some minor things (inspecting)...no heavy wrenching or changing weight distribution by removing anything.
Whenever I was doing some heavy duty cleaning, wrenching, or removing anything like a wheel, I strapped it down at 4 points.
The lift is real quality and quite stable. However, Pit Bull's ad and demo stuff is cool, but I choose not to do that with MY bike. The last thing I ever want to do is drop my ride from a couple of feet off of the ground! :cry: JMHO :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re: pitbull lift?

Crow said:
i checked them out on there web site, is it really that stable that it does not need to be straped,

It's that stable at the top. If it's in the first or second stop it will shake alittle. Top it is solid.

what about the weight shift of removing 1 or both wheels,

I've had one or both tires off with lift at top and no straps. No problem.

also i looked under my bike last nite and am curious as to what the lift is contacting as it lifts, it looks to me like it would be the exhaust and bottom of motor or is that what the shim is for. is it easy to spin around while the bike is on it? these are just some of my thoughts that i was hoping you guy's that have one could answer for me before i order one!!
thanks
When it's in the top position you can move it around at will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts