GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just used my Pit Bull M/C Lift for the first time. Great product!

I can easily put my entire 1800 24 inches off the ground by myself and feel confidant it will stay there. It is very stable and very well made.

Forum old-timer and all-around nice guy, Bulldog, who has special prices for fellow forum members, convinced me to get the air lift, as opposed to the foot pump. Glad he did. It's a breeze.

It comes in 2 boxes, one for the lift and one for the air jack. You'll have it together in less than 15 minutes.

Now I can be ready to change the oil or the tires in probably less than 3 minutes.

One of the deciding factors for me was the fact that the PitBull takes up a lot less space on my garage floor than the shop-type lifts.

Hope this helps anyone who has been thinking about a lift.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I am glad to hear that they work well. I am going to get one ordered, hopefully sooner than later from Bulldog. In the meantime, just leave your garage door open during the midnight hours tonight..... :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I would've bought from bulldog, but I'm not paying $20.00 extra to use my credit card, I don't care who you are!! I called Pitbull and got mine for $399.00 + $70.00 shipping. 888-299-9325

On 1-15-07 at 2:02 pm Bulldog wrote:

Prices are based on cash, check or money order. If you choose to pay via Pay Pal or CC, add $20 to cover the fees (end quote)

Real vendors Don't charge customers to buy with their plastic, No matter how small their margins are!

BTW, when they're at shows, you can buy one for $399.00 out the door.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Oh Mr B that wasnt very politcal correct now was it? :lol:

Paul and I were both underneath his bike today, I put alot of trust into that lift. We would have been down there for weeks before anybody would have noticed we were gone.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Toyo said:
Oh Mr B that wasnt very politcal correct now was it? :lol:

Paul and I were both underneath his bike today, I put alot of trust into that lift. We would have been down there for weeks before anybody would have noticed we were gone.

Politically correct?? - What for?? :roll:

Hope you guys enjoy your new lift!! 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I was not going to respond to this, as I do not feel that I have to express in public, my business tactics or acumen.

But then I felt if I did not respond, some might take this wrong and feel that I am hiding or trying to rip off this community.

OK, the posted price from this thread was $399 for the manual lift. I charge $400. I know, I am a bad boy as I am already $1 to the good.

Shipping from Pit Bull is set by them and is supposed to be at actual UPS cost depending on zip code. Mind you, that I am still up $1 for my customer gouging. If Pit Bull decides to not charge shipping at the shows, there is nothing I can do about that. Any lift that I purchase, even for myself or stock, shipping is charged.

I am not the Manufacturer, hence I do not control what they charge me for their merchandise. If I was to allow folks to use Pay Pal or credit card, my margin would be eaten up and it would cost me to sell these lifts. Not good business for me. I give enough away as it is. Has anyone never heard of "cash price"? I still have to pay my fixed costs, income tax, insurance etc. out of this margin. Mind you, I am still up $1

For many of my customers, if I know them, get the lift shipped, even before they write the check. Some have been able to work out payments with me. Mind you, I am still up $1.

So if the poster thinks that he has exposed me as a bad Vendor, bad Businessman or whatever, he is entitled to his opinion. I notice that the same poster does a lot of Vending on this board himself. I do not appreciate the caustic nuances or hidden agenda of this post. I take it as a personal attack for whatever purpose. Remember, I am still up $1.

I will let my customers decide who is the bad egg in all of this. If my customers are happy with my services and pricing, then life is good. We all have choices and I expect that everyone will continue to follow the best choices for themselves.

Last word from me on this, as I do not debate what I do or how I do it, on a public message board!

Thank you
Bulldog (still up $1)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am not a business man, and may not know all the ins and outs.

But it is my understanding that the vendor is charged a fee when someone uses a credit card to make a purchase. A large company may be able to absorb these fees, it is harder for a small business to do this, and keep prices competitive.

While I am glad you have found a price you like, it does not mean that Dawg is doing anything underhanded. He is a small businessman competing against larger vendors.

I have talked to him on several occasions about his pricing, and he has always been up front with me. I appreciate that. For me it is worth the extra money to do business with someone that I trust. I also believe in supporting independent vendors when I can find what I am looking for at what I consider a reasonable price, even if a little higher.

Just my two cents

Steve

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Bulldog said:
OK, the posted price from this thread was $399 for the manual lift. I charge $400. I know, I am a bad boy as I am already $1 to the good.

mr.b - A dollar to the good?? Please, we're Not morons!!

I am not the Manufacturer, hence I do not control what they charge me for their merchandise. If I was to allow folks to use Pay Pal or credit card, my margin would be eaten up and it would cost me to sell these lifts. Not good business for me. I give enough away as it is. Has anyone never heard of "cash price"? I still have to pay my fixed costs, income tax, insurance etc. out of this margin. Mind you, I am still up $1

mr.b - My Exact point!! Why would I give you an extra $20. when I can deal direct with the manufacturer, who gladly accepts my plastic with No extra charge? I'm simply eliminating the "middle man" - you. Any problems, I go to them - pretty simple. Besides that, 4.5% credit card fees are damn steep bro.

So if the poster thinks that he has exposed me as a bad Vendor, bad Businessman or whatever, he is entitled to his opinion. I notice that the same poster does a lot of Vending on this board himself. I do not appreciate the caustic nuances or hidden agenda of this post. I take it as a personal attack for whatever purpose. Remember, I am still up $1.

mr.b - Still hangin with that dollar crap?? :lol: Yes, I have sold many items on this board, usually brand new at a Fraction of retail money. Wish I was up a full $1. As far as hidden agenda?? Sorry, don't have one. Personal attack?? I attacked no one. Simply posted my opinion of where I will take my business, as Many before me have done!!

I will let my customers decide who is the bad egg in all of this. If my customers are happy with my services and pricing, then life is good. We all have choices and I expect that everyone will continue to follow the best choices for themselves.

mr.b - Bad egg? I Never called or insinuated that anyone is a bad egg!! Once again, I simply decided not to throw out $20. just to have the pleasure, or honor of dealing with you!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get flamed to death, but the only reason I continued with this, is due to a few messages received by other members. Actually, I'm pretty lazy, when it comes to splainin things on message boards, so I'll have to go buy a new flamesuit.

Got one for sale Dawg??

ps - almost forgot, an ol' pal of yours sends his best - called himself Goober.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I bought one of the pitbull lifts from Bulldog, couldn't ask for a better guy to deal with or a better jack for working on a wing.

Mr.B. after reading some of your replies to stuff for sale I'm suprised Dawg didn't tack on a couple hundred extra for dealing with you. :lol:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Mr B..................Your a trip. I do have to say that I would love to sit down with you and enjoy a nice cold drink sometime. I would love to hear whats in that head.

There are times when money is not the full object of life. You do certain things for or to people just beacuse its a relationship. Whether that relationship is just over the internet or in person. Some of these board members have plenty of $20.00 bills that is not going to crash thier plans if they lose one. However with that $20.00 they will be helping, supporting a board member that is here to help us at any time. Do you not feel that Dawg would do just about anything for anyone of us at anytime without blinking? He just simply keeps on helping the board members out. You knew exactly what you were going to get back when you posted that comment. So I ask you, what was the positive in posting it? Believe me brother, I bite my tongue more than anybody on here. The times I dont I really regret it. So I do ask you, the next time something pops up and you have a negative comment, stop and think what positive am I going to bring from this? I HAVE to do it all the time myself, or I would be banned from here in a day, I promise. Just someting to ponder about. I do have to say one thing that I feel is fair here. I have bought items from both of you guys. I do have to say that Dawgs transaction was much nicer and easier. So maybe the extra fee is worth it. Please dont think I am a Dawg lover or he is my idol. I dont believe I am one of Dawgs favorite people, but he does a good job with what he does for the board members and should not be slammed like he was. Thats all, sorry for rambling.

Mr B, I need a new instrument cluster cover? Got one.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hey Toyo,

Your comments are appreciated, however, I wasn't being negative in my original post - just stating things I believe in. If doggie wants to get in a huff over it, so be it. I still won't pay extra for the privilege of dealing with him, when I can go to the source itself for my products. Charging folks to use a CC is plain old amateur!!

Just sold an instrument cluster from my 03, but I do have a Tulsa sport shield with your name on it???? :lol:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Mr. B, just how long have you been in business and what kind of business are you in?????? Inquiring minds would like to know?????? You must not run your business on tight margins???? If you ran your business on as tight of margins that Bulldog does you would loose money with every credit card transaction???? Does that mean that he should pad his price to cover people like you. Then have others that pay by check pay a higher price so you don't feel slighted????? Maybe when you will realize $20 isn't a big deal! We run our business on tight margins and guess what? Yep, the credit card payers pay a slightly higher price to cover the card fees. We have been in the same business since 1984 and you know just how many customers we have lost due to this policy? ZERO, yep ZERO!!!!!! Now you tell me who is barking up the wrong tree. If you don't have the $20 then maybe you should be shopping for a sears lift or get another job!!!!! Enough said on this!!!!! I will not be responding to any more posts on this thread!!! I can't hardly believe the some people on this board.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
BlueWing said:
Mr. B, just how long have you been in business and what kind of business are you in?????? Inquiring minds would like to know?????? You must not run your business on tight margins???? If you ran your business on as tight of margins that Bulldog does you would loose money with every credit card transaction???? Does that mean that he should pad his price to cover jerks like you. Then have others that pay by check pay a higher price so you don't feel slighted????? Maybe when you grow up you will realize $20 isn't a big deal, if you never grow up you won't!!!! We run our business on tight margins and guess what? Yep, the credit card payers pay a slightly higher price to cover the card fees. We have been in the same business since 1984 and you know just how many customers we have lost due to this policy? ZERO, yep ZERO!!!!!! Now you tell me who is barking up the wrong tree. If you don't have the $20 then maybe you should be shopping for a sears lift or get another job!!!!! Enough said, U sure did make a FOOL out of yourself with your posts on this!!!!! I will not be responding to any more posts on this thread!!! I can't hardly believe the mentality of some people on this board.

Oh Bluewing, you surely make me chuckle. My business is in my profile, 25 years - Always has been!! Where's yours?? :oops:

I deal in BIG ticket items, and have also sold Thousands of items on eBay, and have over 3600 positive feedbacks!! Never once had the audacity to even ask someone to absorb CC fees.

If you're doing so, maybe you're the one who needs a little boost to pick you up!! PM me your addy, and I'll Fedex overnight you a little cash.

Glad you rushed in with the name calling, cause I have a few for you, but I prefer Not to, as that's a sure sign of IGNORANCE!!

Some of you Wonderful fellas sure do put a guy at their wit's end!

Too bad I'm dealing with Nitwits, Halfwits, and Dimwits. :lol:

Now get to your business and earn your $50. for the week!!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I recently started taking credit cards for my business. I Have to admit at the end of the month when I get my statement it hurts. I feel I am eating that money just for the convience for my customers. However I do have some customers that gave me there CC# and I just charge there card when I do work for them. I do get paid alot quicker though. There are a couple of my customers that I advised I would be adding in the charge and they were fine with it. I think alot of business owners know that it does cost a good deal of money to accept cards. They charge you a per transaction fee, monthly fee, and then Amex really gets you with no use of a lubricant.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Getting back to the lifts, why do you even need a lift with the Gold Wing? I have a lift for my cruiser...you got to have a lift for a cruiser to change tires, adjust the drive belt etc... and I use it to clean the bikes wheels which are much easier to spin and get at while on the lift.

I put my Wing on the lift one time and I just don't see any reason to put it on the lift when the center stand works just as well for any maintenance you need to do on the bike. Are you guys using the lifts for the Gold Wing just to be able to clean the wheels at a higher height?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Toyo said:
Believe me brother, I bite my tongue more than anybody on here.
NUH UH!! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bought a lift to make everything on the 1800 more accessible and to ease the swapping of rear wheels. Sure makes life easier for a 59 yr. old guy who needs to lose 50 lbs and has a bad back.

BTW, I wash the bike and the wheels after almost every ride. How often is that you say? 36,000 miles in the last 16 months. WooHoo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lift

I'm concerned about the ease of use and the ability of the pitbull to fit under the wing. I purchased a sears lift, should have done additional research, and it won't fit under bike. I have seen the pitbull at shows but they always demo with Harleys, can you lift the wing without the use of straps? Not that I would but with the sears lift its unstable at best. The pitbull folks were at the Washington DC show this weekend and was selling the unit and goldwing adaptor for 298.00 cash and carry....It sounds like I should have gotten it.

Tks Joe

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If I remember correctly Trialsman had the straps on, for safety of course. It really does make the bike alot easier to mess with. As soon as I get my garage organized I will be calling to order one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts