GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used my new Lift today and man am I stoked. The quality of workmanship and finish is really impresive and HAND MADE IN U.S.A..

I'm not knocking any other lift by any manufacturer foreign or domestic.

That being said, IMHO we riders who will pay $100 $200 $500 on cosmetic chrome and color matched items deserve the best lift that is miles ahead of many lesser expensive units.

For my money I won't trust my $18,000.00 investment on a light weight lift. If your on the fence about spending the Bigger Bucks on a pitbull or less for a sears special, consider these four concepts.

Reliable saftey, Heavy Duty construction, Made In USA and a heck of a warranty .

No I'm not a salesman or affilated with the manufacturer and I don't want to get flamed for my opinion It' just that it was so awsome to have a tool right out of the box work so well .

Buck Yellow Wing

8)
PS It's great to sit on a roller stool and have your bike 25" higher than when it's on the tires. It ain't the years on the old body it's THE MILEAGE. 8) :lol:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I agree! It is one of the best on the market. Not the cheapest, but I am sure it is one of the best!

I don't know how anyone can do without one. At my age, the ease of cleaning the wheels, changing oil, cleaning the underside and literally many other uses is an easy chore when a pit bull is under it!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PB Lift

I also have a Pit Bull lift. One of the BEST items I have bought for the bike. Well worth the money. IMHO getting a $89 Sears lift and putting a 18000+ MC on it is the same as buying a cheap helmet and hoping it will work. Remembet the old saying, $10 head = $10 helmet. You get what you pay for. My dealer is getting at least 2 just for tire changes. He says that he will be able to do tire changes musc easier with both wheels off the ground as opposed to the shop handy lifts where the have to move the bike around for a complete tire change.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pit Bull

I have had one for three years (with air lift) and it works great . Quaility is worth paying for. Works with my 03 HD Road KIng Classic, the 02 Wing and my wife's 02 VTX1800C. :D

·
Registered
21,330 Posts
My lift is home made and works fine but got to agree the quallity in the Pitbull lift is outstanding,the high quallity wheels,ease of lift,grease zerks are all top quallity. Every time I see one work wish it was mine.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I've had my Pit Bull for over 2 years and absolutley love it...............solid as a rock and one of the best built in the business. The saying "you get what you pay for" is almost always true.

Best part................I didn't have to pay for it, my wife bought it for my 40th Bday! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.