GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pitbull lift and I know Pitbull has an adapter for the 2018 Wing. Has anyone used the new adapter that they sell and if so any comments.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have the 2018 Pit-Bull lift adapter. It works OK. It may be me, but I had a slight amount of rocking when lifting my motorcycle. I then used tie down straps when I changed tires last week. It ended up working OK, but I don't think it was as solid as the older Wings were. I never used tie down straps on my older Wings.

I only live about 65 miles from the Pit Bull lift manufacturing plant. I just rode down and picked one up.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have the 2018 Pit-Bull lift adapter. It works OK. It may be me, but I had a slight amount of rocking when lifting my motorcycle. I then used tie down straps when I changed tires last week. It ended up working OK, but I don't think it was as solid as the older Wings were. I never used tie down straps on my older Wings.

I only live about 65 miles from the Pit Bull lift manufacturing plant. I just rode down and picked one up.
Can you show a pic of the adapter. I have a 2018 wing and a pitbull lift, but no adapter

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the replies and the fact that the adapter works Sounds like tie downs are desirable.
I saw their web site pictures but can't really see how the adapter installs. A picture of the adapter would be useful showing how it installs on the lift.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
How is the adapter different from the regular pitbull lift arms....? I don't see a difference on the pitbull website

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have an older Pitbull lift. I called and talked to them and sent them pictures of my lift and they confirmed that the adapter should work with my lift. So, I bought it. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I will try to get around to it this Sunday (have a funeral to attend tomorrow, so no work). The adapter just slides onto the front lift arm and just blends in so that it's like a part of the lift arm. I agree that tie down straps are a good idea though I never used any when lifting my old H-D Road King.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Which model of Pitbull do you have? looks like there are 3 models to choose from.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Which model of Pitbull do you have? looks like there are 3 models to choose from.
If you're asking me, I have the standard manual version. Get a good leg workout pumping the bottle jack to lift the bike. The Road King I had weighed in excess of 800 lbs and the Pitbull had no trouble lifting it and holding it steady with no rocking. I bought my lift used from a cattle farmer.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you're asking me, I have the standard manual version. Get a good leg workout pumping the bottle jack to lift the bike. The Road King I had weighed in excess of 800 lbs and the Pitbull had no trouble lifting it and holding it steady with no rocking. I bought my lift used from a cattle farmer.
pics, please

·
Registered
792 Posts
. Thank you. Do you also have the 2018 Goldwing adapter? By any chance do you have pictures?

·
Registered
575 Posts
. Thank you. Do you also have the 2018 Goldwing adapter? By any chance do you have pictures?
Yes, I have the 2018 adapter though I have yet to actually use it. I'll try to get around to taking some pictures to post tomorrow. It's been a long day.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I took a couple pictures of the adapter for your viewing... later, if you all are still interested, I'll get around to actually lifting the bike with the adapter on the Pitbull and see if I can take some pictures that might be useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you Tuck. This is the most helpful picture yet. Love to see more with the adapter on the lift as well as the bike on the lift. Thanks again.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I took a couple more pictures of the adapter on the lift arm. I did not, however, get around to lifting the bike today.

This would be the arm that is located under the front portion of the engine...

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the Pit Bull with the swivel plate and don't feel comfortable using it on my Wing. I was gifted this lift and no other option but to use the plate. I actually was happier with my Harbor Freight jack that I sold and now wish I had kept. The Pit Bull is **** for stout I will say that. At several shows I have seen a full size H.D. dresser and 2 people on the bike while 3ft above the ground. Looks dangerous to me I sure don't want on the H.D. on that lift. But then again after thinking about it I don't want on that H.D. on the ground HAWR

1 - 20 of 33 Posts