GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about putting together a manual Pitbull lift? Not as easy a job as I thought.

Lonestarr

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I didn't think putting mine together was too hard. It wasn't what I would call "easy" but it took less than 1/2 hour to complete. What specifically are you having trouble with?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
First of all I gave up on getting the lock washers on first. I just bolted the bottle on.

Secondly I had to realize that the top of the bottle jack will extend upward by turning the head counterclockwise. You must do this if you want to get maximum height and both safety locks to catch.

I can send pics if ya need them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well to give you an idea as to how tech savy I am, my difficulty began with trying to take the thing out of box! Heavy sucker! :shock:
Not in the best of shape and the instructions leave me alot to be desired.
Have not had any time off work to attempt to put it together yet. Off this Sat and will attempt. I work better with pictures:shrug:, step by step. I know the diff between a phillip and regular screwdriver and that's as far as my tech knowledge goes.

Lonestarr

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Well to give you an idea as to how tech savy I am, my difficulty began with trying to take the thing out of box!
Quickest way is to open it up with a chainsaw. If ya don't have a chainsaw, set fire to the box. It'll open right up then. :joke:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the darn thing out the box. The instructions "suck"! Unless you grew up in a shop and have been around tools, it's going to be a long day. Or unless you have one sid by side, one assembled, you are in for a frustrating day.
Called for help, the guy explained, he was the only one in the shop and I would have to call back Monday! Looked on the web site for the assembly instructions and it was only10% helpful. Bolting on those ity bity screws under that pyramid for the hydraulic lift was a mother and a half:cus:. Was only able to completly bolt one on good and tight. Will have to find a tool that will allow me to get the other one on tighter.
Had to watch the site video and replay certain points to figure out where to place things such as left or right for the release valve etc. Video stated takes 10min to assemble:cus:

4hrs later:banghead: it's together.

Now to see if the darn thing works with the bike on it. Tomorrow! I am now gong to sit down and have a bottle of wine.

Tired Lonestarr.
See Ma, told you I was not technically inclined.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Lonestar,

Hope you are not thinking about pulling the motor and tranny out, now that you have your lift.....LOL

Actually the set up of the Pitbull is pretty straight forward. If you have any problems, contact me and perhaps I can make you whole!

Bulldog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts