GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Indians

I wish them well, but i don't see much of a market. MSRP's of 31-36K for what is an aircooled V Twin?
Almost identical specs for the HD FLH Standard & 2X the $$.
Oh, wait, i forgot...........You'll be buying a LEGEND, not just a motorcycle.
the hobo

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I've heard that there is going to be a open house with demo rides at the Indian dealer in Cranberry PA on Feb 21st. There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their website though.

http://www.indianmotorcycleofpittsburgh.com/
I don't think that we are their target market. Check out those WPXI photos and it looks like they threw a party and hardly anybody showed up. It's money family, but I don't see this venture as being much of a success. Got the Mic-Mutes designed for these?:lol::lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I understand they have plenty of operating capitol and I suppose they will be around for a while. I think due to prior problems too many buyers will be skeptical to sink that kind of money into uncertainty. I really do wish them success and I hope someone can give HD some more competition. In order to do that the price needs to start around 15K IMHO. :)

D

·
0 Posts
There are plenty of people with money to burn, Indian's are collector motorcycles for the affluent. Harley's are just Harley's. If they put the Indian dealers in the right places they'll do fine. I sincerely wish them well, I wish I had that kind of money.;)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Daycruiser, you have that kind of money, just not enough of it!!:shrug:

·
Registered
581 Posts
for 35k I will pass. as a matter of fact I will pass be cause it is a Vtwin.
the are beautiful... But I will stick with my Rune. I have not seen any thing out there in the cruiser class that i would want more than the Rune. Maybe if Honda put out a new F6 valk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts