GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into getting a hitch for the bike. right now it's just for a cooler rack, but in a few months maybe a trailer.

any particular hitches to consider? any thoughts on pivoting hitches or trailer tounges? i don't want the trailer to affect how far i can lean too much. i've seen a video of a wing with a trailer leaning enough to scrap the pegs around a corner, .. i figure that would be sufficient :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mike,

I have had several Trailers and have NEVER had an issue with it keeping me from leaning, and I am an aggressive Rider. The Standard Ball Hitch and a Tongue on a Trailer work just fine. Fact is, you can lay a Wing over on its side crash bars with a Trailer, not moving, and it will not bind at all on the Hitch.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fact is, you can lay a Wing over on its side crash bars with a Trailer, not moving, and it will not bind at all on the Hitch.

:agree: Don't ask me how I know.:oops: Phil

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have a swivel hitch on my escapade. When I went down at speed, the bike stayed on the bars and the trailer upright. That swivel couldn't of hurt.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Mike

Check the trailer board....you will get LOTS of opinions

Bottom line is many people use the std ball hitch with no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
looking into getting a hitch for the bike. right now it's just for a cooler rack, but in a few months maybe a trailer.

any particular hitches to consider? any thoughts on pivoting hitches or trailer tounges? i don't want the trailer to affect how far i can lean too much. i've seen a video of a wing with a trailer leaning enough to scrap the pegs around a corner, .. i figure that would be sufficient :)
I have a swivel tounge on my trailer and like it. I've also had a trailer without one and had no problems with it. My personal preferance is the swivel.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
With most fixed trailer tongues you can lean about 47 degrees. If you lean that far intentually with a trailer, you need a talking too! :wrong:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Swivel hitch for me. I actually had the bike bent over past horizontal in an embarrasing situation and the trailer was still sitting there level. Took three passers by to help lift the Wing up.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts