GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched,googled,binged and cannot find an up-to-date concrete answer to where the sticker should be placed. I know every person has his or hers in a unique location and others don't buy them,but what are the state's varibles? There has to be a guide line, if not a law.
I had mine on a plate mounted in the trunk. Inspector says no, should be mounted on front-left side.I've asked other inspectors and all have different answers.
I have a problem with spending so much money for a ride and sticking a $.50cent sticker on chrome or paint. A razor blade on a cage windshield is OK,but not on chrome or paint. We bolted the plate(stainless) on the back of the front fender and I may say----it looks like crap!

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
I agree

I agree regarding lack of desire to put a sticker on the windshield, and a plate on the frnt fender looks less than desirable. However, had to do it with military base stickers. What I used was a small aluminum plate bolted to the lower front left fender area. Used aluminum for the lack of rust and the bendability of it vs. stainless. I'd rather have the plate bend than parts on my bike.

You get used to having the plate there, gets to be no big deal.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
First hand I do not know, but, I have had a few West Virginia riders tell me that the state police are o.k. with it stuck inside the left saddlebag lid.

I have a chrome plate that has a 90 degree bend in it so that it bolts to one of the axle pinch bolts and the main part of the plate (with the sticker) runs parallel with the center line of the bike. Doesn't look too bad and doesn't collect all the bugs.

If the inspection guy insists on sticking it in a given location I guess I'd try to find another inspection station.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The Harley Dealers sell a nice inspection sticker plate. I bought a Kuryakyn cup holder that came with a handlebar mount along with a post mount . Serendipity. I used the handlebar mount to attach the plate to the left crash bar. Make the best of the ugly. P.S. When I bought the bike, the inspection sticker was " stuck " on the underside of the passenger floorboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
MAN O MAN... am I in trouble. Had the dealer stick mine on the inside of the plate that covers the battery.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
On the license plate here in MA.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have my NY State Inspection sticker placed on the black tin panel, up high behind the front wheel.

It is visible for the 5 0's, but they will have to look for it.

Bulldog

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wv inspection sticker

According to two different local inspectipon stations,Wv inspection law recently changed concerning motorcycle inspection sticker placement. Stickers must now be on the left front visible to approaching law enforcement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts