GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...have to head to Myrtle Beach for a conference this week. Where is a local spot to get some good seafood to where I don't have to leave the wing for payment!! :shrug: My workmate that is also going is a tightwad with the wallet so...

and yes taking the wing...going through the North Ga mtns.

We will be in North Myrtle. Is there a decent place to take a pic of my bike with the Atlantic behind it?
Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Places to Eat, Myrtle Beach, SC

I'd have to say Benjamin's Calabash on Restuarant Row. If you like seafood, it's a seafood buffet and I live for the crableggs. We have a 3 day weekend planned for October and November and that's our spot. Get a discount coupon booklet anywhere you go and get there before 1600 hours.

·
Registered
334 Posts
was just there last week. we rode to Murrells Inlet and there are 8 or so great places to eat there. We ate at Lees Inlet Kitchen. Very Good

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Calabash, NC, just over the border is the seafood capital of the world...as it says on their town logo. It is well known for seafood and many restaurants on the Calabash river front and good Calabash style food. I recommend it. Jimmy Durante recommends it...as he ate there and closed out every show with "Good night Ms. Calabash, where ever you are"....come to Calabash and enjoy the best seafood...and not break the bank.

Ken

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got back sunday around 7pm. 1038 miles. all but about 30 or so were traveling back and forth from TN. My workmate who was suppose to ride with me showed up in his mini van. Was not happy but I was on mine and enjoying the ride.

Had dinner at a local place called Soho's. It was ok...not what I was looking for, oh well...LOL

Didn't take many pics but I forgot how fun the No. Ga. mtn were to ride. Hwy 129 from Murphy NC was nice.

I will say this. The conference was held at Kingston Plantation did not allow me to take my bike on their campus and would NOT give an explanation why. Personally I hope I never see the place again. Some of the people we know had fleas in their rooms and got chompped on pretty good.

Thanks for all the suggesitons...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts