GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would be a good place to eat some good sea food. not the tourest traps but where the locals go? I will be in No. Myrtle at the end of this week?

thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
my x wife is there and the best cook ever, particularly sea food. if you can find her she will feed you, and if her husband number 9 ain't there, she'll give ya desert too :)

go to Wampee :thumbup:
seriously, little river/calabash has some good food but outside little river is a place called Laurens. she took me there to and 'oyster roast' on the side of the road--IT WAS GREAT! or look up JAMES LIVINGSTON in the little river phone book and ask him. tell him and xcousin in fla referred you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
MB Seafood

How much you want to spend? That will determine where I suggest. I'll give you some ranges.

Seafood Platter $10-$15; $14-$19; $18-$29; Menu, or $30-$40+ AYCE.

There are so many restaurants here that you could eat at a different one every night and it would take more than two years to eat at them all. By then, some would be out of business and new ones would be open and you could start again.

I'll check back and see if you saw this.

MD

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20-25 or so. I forgot about the famous South Carolina sea food and grits. The grits are MUCH different than what we have in TN. I only had it in Charleston and loved it. We will be staying at The Breakers. I can't remember where we'll doing the conference at. Sorry.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
MB Food

Check out Restaurant Row on US 17 north of town. Chucks is excellent, and two of my favorites are Chesapeake House and Chestnut Hill. A little more pricey is Cagneys.

Downtown Myrtle Beach is Nybil's. An excellent restaurant, the owners ran Nybil's on the pier in Surfside until a lease situation caused them to relocate. The food is excellent and in your price range. It is on US 17 Business just north of the old mall location and on the same side of the Hwy.

There are some good chain restaurants, also, i.e. Bonefish Grill, California Dreamin'.

If you want to really splurge and go all you can eat, try the original Benjamin's on Restaurant Row, as well.

You won't go wrong with any of these choices.

MD

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rambler I will check 'em out. When I am on the road without the family I like to eat just local stuff and stay away from chains. I have found each area of the country is very unique for its food and the history therein.

I appreciate your time and suggestions!

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sea food. Great advice.

How much you want to spend? That will determine where I suggest. I'll give you some ranges.

Seafood Platter $10-$15; $14-$19; $18-$29; Menu, or $30-$40+ AYCE.

There are so many restaurants here that you could eat at a different one every night and it would take more than two years to eat at them all. By then, some would be out of business and new ones would be open and you could start again.

I'll check back and see if you saw this.

MD
If you want to dive to Craby Mikes in Sufside it is worth it if you like crab legs. Best I found. But there are others that are good also. Just be careful of the grease pits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts